Re: Origin Feedback - No Shopping Cart

by Alimeega

Original Post

★ Novice

The best solution to this problem is to go order it off of Amazon.com. They have the same sales as the Origin store, but they have a shopping cart for your convenience. Origin apparently does not give a * about this issue, as I can see it has been an issue for over 3 YEARS!! Come on EA/Origin. Give a * about your customers.

Message 181 of 216 (1,364 Views)

★ Novice

Just finished my purchase of 3 game packs on Amazon.com and it was even 5 cents cheaper.

Message 182 of 216 (1,353 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

This is the same company that won the (admittedly arbitrary) "worst games company" a few years running. Like they care.

Origin does what it was intended to do - stop customers being able to buy (new) EA games off Steam. Once they decide they no longer need to sell "hard-copies" then you won't even be able to go via Amazon.

*waits to be moderated, and reflects on the irony of 'hit me with your best shot' currently playing*

Message 183 of 216 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there seriously no shopping cart in Origin? I checked both the client and the web store, couldnt find a shopping cart. Was going to buy all the Sims 4 Expansions on sale, but since I am too lazy to buy them ONE BY ONE instead of being able to purchase them all at once, I have decided not to spend a dime on Sims 4 expansions again. Back to my Sims 3 then. Bye Origin for another year, hopefully you have shopping cart ready for next year black friday sale. 

Message 184 of 216 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@dorohnlYou can go to this link and add everything to a shopping cart this is how I buy the Sims 4 dlc that way I don't have to buy it one by one:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store

But seriously what kind of company makes you buy stuff one by one it is so stupid. There needs to be a shopping in the Origin client ASAP.

Also if you are logged into the site then it will tell you which Packs you already have purchased. 

Message 185 of 216 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Novice
@lilgingersim thank you! this is helping me out so much! so weird they put a "add to cart" button here but not in the store page and not where it says "expansion packs" in the Origin client! Thanks again for your link!!
Message 186 of 216 (1,249 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Honestly I'm just waiting for Amazon's cyber Monday sale to buy all the expansions I have left. They offer digital codes and obviously have a cart. I can only hope that 1: they go on sale tomorrow and 2: I get the same kind of deal I would if I were to buy from origin. 

Message 187 of 216 (1,241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the link, it definitely saved me some cash in tax. Definitely going to save it to use whenever I go to buy sims stuff

Message 188 of 216 (1,230 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Are these purchases for straight download? Is is available out of the country?

Message 189 of 216 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG yes thank you! I only had a few more packs to download and didn't want to pay $9.99 for each of them.

Message 190 of 216 (736 Views)
Twitter Stream