Re: Shopping cart?

by hestiah23

Original Post

★★ Guide
@Straatford87 The Origin experience is on par with the Epic Games Launcher. 100% TERRIBLE. Shopping carts are still non-existent and our profiles are limited at best. It equates to Epic Games not having a profile in the first place.

I don't think people are interested in someone's profile when they are on Origin.
Message 161 of 216 (1,336 Views)

Re: Origin Feedback - No Shopping Cart

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, this is definitely a problem. I wanted to buy multiple games and it took me far longer than it needed. At first, I instinctively searched for the "Add to Cart" button since, you know, that's available on EVERY OTHER VENDOR PAGE THAT EXISTS ON THE INTERNET. Took me a while to realize I had to make my purchases individually and even then, it wasn't very user friendly to just make a purchase without constantly being prompted to join the Origin membership.

What's wrong Origin? Don't you want my money?

Message 162 of 216 (1,320 Views)

★ Novice

I've read through a bit of this thread and the responses from Origin.

Okay Origin, so your thinking is most often people want a one click shopping experience? Okay, do what other companies do and have a "Buy 1-Click" button. You're seriously kicking yourself in the foot by forcing a single transaction experience. At the very least, offer a "Continue Shopping" button and a way to see what's in your cart. Even with this current sale, I could NOT find a shopping cart. This needs to be just part of your general transaction experience.

Three years people have been complaining about this. THREE YEARS. In just this thread. We've all taken it upon ourselves to give feedback, I guarantee there are a lot of people who haven't, who found your system just too unfriendly and decided it wasn't worth their time.

If you're a user of their system, please add your voice to this, so they can see what a nightmare it is to use their system and maybe it will knock some sense into them?

Message 163 of 216 (1,316 Views)

Re: Add to Cart?

★★★★ Apprentice

For YEARS now I and others have complained about this huge, unmitigated, stupid, idiotic and shameful purchasing process that I and others have started to boycott EA/Origin games. I have not purchased a single game from EA / Origin since they dropped the shopping cart! AND THEY DON'T CARE!!!!! EA/ORIGIN DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS! THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE MORE MONEY AND MAKE IT THE MOST INCONVENIENT WAY POSSIBLE! 

BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT! TELL YOUR FRIENDS NOT TO PURCHASE FROM EA  ORIGN UNTIL THEY PUT THE $#%$#%^$#%^$#%^% SHOPPING CART BACK!!!!!!!

Message 164 of 216 (1,301 Views)

★ Guide

I only redeem the free games on Epic Games Store, but even then, it adds the free title to your "shopping cart" at $0.00.

This feature does not exist on Origin because EA does not see value in it. Being angry is unlikely to get them to change their position.

All that being said, I am in the "Just make the shopping cart happen" group. If One-click-purchasing is such a priority, have it as a separate feature. It hasn't harmed Amazon.

Message 165 of 216 (1,286 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA/Origin: Just make the shopping cart happen' Where can I sign up?????????????????????????????????????

Message 166 of 216 (1,267 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I had a little cash to burn.  Thought I would snatch up 3 or 4 stuff packs for the Sims 4.  I have to purchase them individually? Are you even kidding me right now? What year is this? Oh, it's 2019.  People have been asking for a SHOPPING CART for THREE YEARS.  Get with the time Origins and make the shopping experience not such a hassle for Christ's sake.  I can't believe in the year of our Lord 2019 I have to make 4 SERPARATE purchases.  Ridiculous.

Message 167 of 216 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Look at all of this free UX/UI market research in the thread. I also have the desire to buy more than one thing (gasp!)

Hit me up if you need digital ecommerce agency recommendations, EA...

Message 168 of 216 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's like talking to a WALL, EA DOESN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS! I've complained about this till I'm blue in the face and they won't fix it! I've boycotted purchasing from Origin and EA and believe me I used to order a lot! I have spent thousands of dollars and they don't give a crap about us! ORIGIN WILL NEVER GET ANY MORE PURCHASES FROM ME UNTIL THEY PUT THE DAMN CART BACK ! 

Message 169 of 216 (1,044 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi EA Kristi, why put a cart in only on sales? Why don't you hear what we are simply asking for? I've purchased over a thousand dollars over ten years of playing EA/Origin but this doesn't make sense! What kind of stupid marketing scheme is this? Look at my purchase History ron0549 and see how much you've earned JUST ON MY PURCHASES! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? It's OK I understand YOU DON"T LISTEN to your customer's complaints especially if they've been complaining for YEARS!!!!!! I've STOPPED Purchasing EA/ORIGIN for the last three years, too bad for you! YOU AND YOUR SUCKY MARKETING TEAM HATE CUSTOMERS!

Message 170 of 216 (1,041 Views)