Re: Origin Feedback - No Shopping Cart

by BonanaV3

Original Post

★ Novice

After looking around, I can not find a shopping cart on the Origin website but if you go to EA's website, there is a shopping cart that you can use. You can buy most things (I think) that you can get from Origin and if you have Origin access or anything like that, as long as you sign in, the discount with be applied. I hope this helps!

Message 131 of 216 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also wanted to buy syndicate and unravel 2 and I was confused as to why I can't buy them together. So off putting that I'm not buying anything (I can live without those games). I really hate the way origin store is right now. No shopping cart, hard to see how much a game costs; I barely buy anything from here anymore. 

Message 132 of 216 (1,509 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sounds good BlackSnowLeo24, but why have Origin then? I mean it was EA's intention to have a one-stop-play-and shop server. And they originally did have a shopping cart I remember! EA and Origin can find another gamer to buy their games, not me! This is a marketing gimmick that has backfired on them. It shows how lazy their system management is when you consider they don't put prices in the Country you are purchasing from, but from the region! I have to calculate Singapore Dollars into Malaysia ringgit! 

Message 133 of 216 (1,390 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't purchased a thing from Origin or EA since they started this Marketing Scheme. I mean what is the purpose of having to charge me and my credit card twice or three times when I could make one purchase? How come I can't figure out the prices until it's actually in the blinking cart? Origin and EA no longer cares about their customers they only care about their profits and try to get them anyway they can! STUPID STUPID STUPID! 

Message 134 of 216 (1,387 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is the only store on the whole internet that doesn't have a shopping cart.  Guess I'll take my business elsewhere.

Message 135 of 216 (1,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Some days I really wonder if EA's Public Affairs department has decided to go a different route and intentionally upset their customers.  I cannot logically fathom why on Earth anyone would purposefully not have a shopping cart in any online shopping system.  Even Satin himself is embarrassed right now, because he hadn't thought of something this tortuous.  And yes, dear Overlords of Evil Arts I will still be making my purchases. Though not with my usual joyous zeal of the delightful digital media I'm about to enjoy, but with spite of this cat o' nail tails ordering process I'm enduring.

Message 136 of 216 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
You are a must better person than I am AvatarOfShibby, I used to purchase two, three or four games or DLC's. I had to convert the costs to Malaysia ringgits from Singapore dollars, but that's because they still use the regional security for their games. But I've just stopped, I'm so angry that I hope their Marketing or PA team see they are losing money this way and for no good reason other than like you said: to tortuous unmercifully.
Message 137 of 216 (1,140 Views)

★ Novice

I too have to go through the trouble of Converting SGD to MYR. Kinda annoying ):

EA.com has the cart system which made bulk purchase easy.

Don't forget to put the PROMOCODE at the end before pressing check out.

Once you press check out, you check out instantly!

Disappointing that the Cart isn't available with Origin. Smh.

Message 138 of 216 (1,010 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

And I thought EA/Origin listens to customers. I thought they cared about what we thought and what we wanted to improve their services. This is a lie! ORIGIN and EA DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS JUST MONEY AND WHAT'S CONVENIENT FOR THEM. WE HAVE COMPLAINED FOR A YEAR NOW AND THEY STILL DON'T LISTEN! SCREW 'EM I SAY! DON'T BUY EA PRODUCTS DON'T BUY FROM ORIGIN TILL THEY GIVE BACK THE %$^&&%$&^ING CART! 

Message 139 of 216 (957 Views)

★ Apprentice
More than 2 years from OP date and still no shopping cart on Origin.
Message 140 of 216 (949 Views)