Origin Dark Theme

by Yazbekistan

Original Post

Origin Dark Theme

★★★★ Apprentice

Who else thinks the white background is way too bright?

Honestly, with such a bright background, a Night theme should be an option.  I find nothing worse than when sitting down for a bit of late night playing, I suddenly get a spot light straight in the retina.

Not cool.

C'mon Origin - it's been long enough now.

Message 3 of 112 (39,530 Views)

DARK MODE IN ORIGIN?

★★★ Newbie

hello, Simple actually.. origin is to bright...can u add a dark mode slider? thank you

Message 1 of 112 (34,807 Views)

Re: DARK MODE IN ORIGIN?

EA DICE Team

@double_ogcb0

That is a cool suggestion - I will be sure to forward that to the Origin team for you Standard smile

Message 2 of 112 (34,788 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello there Tom, Did you receive any feedback from the team regarding a Dark Mode option / slider? 

I, along with many others feel this is a must need!

Message 4 of 112 (34,660 Views)

EA DICE Team

@StrikenDunso

Hi,

The Origin team is investigating the broader scope of further Origin customization options. They love the idea for a dark mode or skin, but at this point there aren't any concrete plans to share.

Thanks for stopping by,

Message 5 of 112 (34,651 Views)

Re: Origin Dark Theme

★★★★★ Novice

Origin, please add this feature, I'm tired of getting blinded everytime I open the application to play some games and then get blinded by the bright white that is the default orgin background.

Message 6 of 112 (39,268 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Yazbekistan@ClassyHomicide

I moved this topic to Origin General Discussion board, carry on. 

On the topic at hand, I do agree that a dark/black background would be really nice indeed.

Message 7 of 112 (39,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello Guys.

dark/custom theming for origin is one of the most requested features  and has already been noted down by EA Standard smile .

EDIT: Dark Mode was now added with the EA Desktop App

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Message 8 of 112 (39,245 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We're aware of the request.  I'm hoping this is something we'll be able to address soon, because as a night gamer, it bugs me too. Standard smile

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 9 of 112 (39,230 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't suppose there's any news on this topic and whether or not it has been discussed on any level with the team who can make it happen?

Message 10 of 112 (38,984 Views)