Re: Origin Dark Theme

by crosspatch

Original Post

Re: DARK MODE IN ORIGIN?

★ Guide

Even Facebook got a dark mode now. I just discovered it like a couple of weeks ago.

Just saying...

Message 71 of 112 (1,818 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even for hotly discussed and obviously urgently desired (and also easy to implement) suggestions, EA needs more than three years.

I also notice this in the feedback on games. Not exactly community-friendly, dear team from EA.

Message 72 of 112 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm with you, OP., even through this rip in space-time... There’s a short list of regular programs I run besides my games, and this one is the only one without a dark mode... For the love of darkness, please... Is the darkness coming?

Message 73 of 112 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG!  Why no dark mode or custom skins after ALL these years????  Holy smokes! If you guys just don't want to bother, why not just let the community take a crack at it, you know like Steam and actually EVERY other game service/platform!  

Message 74 of 112 (1,438 Views)

★★ Novice

Really?
I'm checking this thread every 1-2 months to see if they added the Dark Theme yet.. Still none?

Get a damn dev at it.. it's around 2 hours of work.. You guys can't spare that?

Message 75 of 112 (1,327 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys ! It has been 3 years your team is thinking about this ? Come on ! 

Dark Theme, NOW PLS !

Message 76 of 112 (1,211 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow. I searched to see HOW to enable dark mode for Origin, because I assumed such a feature HAD to be present, and I was just overlooking it.

Please add dark mode! Bright white really is obnoxious, especially in darker room environments, which is how many people play games. I don't care if idiotic UX designers claim that bright white is easier to read or that it dispels evil spirits.

DARK! MODE!

Message 77 of 112 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there 

I am low vision and too much bright light hurts my eyes and can not see at day time mode, how can I get dark mode online?

thank you

Message 78 of 112 (1,097 Views)

★ Novice

it can be done manually..enable a high contrast black theme.then change the color of windows to dark colors..but not so dark that you cant read them..its not perfect but its not bright either

Message 79 of 112 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm with you on this! Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Youtube, Instagram, and certain other sites as well as apps have a dark mode! So why not also Origin?   

GIVE US DARK MODE PLEASE!

Message 80 of 112 (1,034 Views)