Re: DARK MODE IN ORIGIN?

by Bolt_Pow3r

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hey got to say ea_tom you should tell the origin team to overhoul origin installation Standard smile and a complet overhoul of origin Standard smile would be really cool for a better update for it i get the feel origin skin lock it just feels old :P and dark mode XD 

the ui for origin is kind of booring :P should be overhouled :P better interface :P well again just my idea :P 

Message 41 of 112 (2,561 Views)

Re: Origin Dark Mode

★★★ Novice

I would also like this. Keeping the app up on the screen while you're playing a game is hard to do at night because the default skin is so bright!

Message 42 of 112 (2,458 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi all 

This is the most useless forum ever to be produced.

We have EA_Tom the troll here who says they listen and cannot do everything yet they have done nothing to improve Origin. With so much money on their hands you would think at least their platform would function. Literally every thing ever I tried to fix I did anywhere except on this forum. Just useless answers and hopeless promises. 

We need a new dark more for origin - sure we will take your cool idea and try to do it, that was 2016 and now it is 2019. Are you kidding me ?

Origin in-game is the slowest moving thing and so I never use it. Origin makes look uplay like a heaven platform.

My downloads are slow only on your platform so you force me to buy retail versions of your games otherwise 80GB download takes a few days of my PC constantly running.

And let's not forget it is always us the consumers whose PC is fault that something is not functioning but the guilt never falls on EA or Origin.

Pls EA_Tom no offense to you as a person but as community manager you are just incompetent and I don't know if it is your fault or whoever it is but you need to start listening to your consumers otherwise I hope you will get your third worst company of the year award.

Goodbye

Message 43 of 112 (2,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Tom. It's been a couple of years and I see nothing happened so far. What I figure would take less than a day to implement (bg-colour black) is still an on going "issue", if you can call it that, after 3 years. 

I made website in the past without any prior knowledge. It took me a whole 2 minutes to figure out how to make my websites background a different colour. I assume that it would take a professional client designer (or whatever you're calling them) employed by EA (or whoever else) less than a day to make this happen. Failure to disclose why the implementation of a simple colour change is not an acceptable answer =) 

Message 44 of 112 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes please get on that. it's been 2 years and I just installed for the first time and I'm considering removing origin because it legit is hurting my eyes.

Message 45 of 112 (2,677 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Please, I've benn strugling with your interface since it launches.  You cant be the only game launcher that still doesnt have a dark theme…

Message 46 of 112 (2,560 Views)

Re: Origin Dark Theme

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Completely agree!

Not sure there's any point in replying to this thread, buuut.. oh well. Another sucker for dark themes here!

To the point of using Universal Theme Patcher and a Windows Logon Background Changer (scroll a bit down on the page) on my Windows 7. Basically used since Windows XP days, even if it's not perfect. Still much better than glaring white backgrounds! Even for web pages I sometimes use a color inverter (atm "Invertercores", but it's contrast is high, so might change it if I find a better one eventually).

And now even MS have introduced Dark Mode in Windows 10. I'm not really impressed it took MS some 30 odd years to do that (or.. maybe I am?). And it's still not perfect either (Basically customization have taken a hit since win XP days).

I'd like to add, I'm not one of those hating on Origin. It's Okay. Okay-ish. Its customer service is very good from my experience with them. Shop isn't too bad either I guess (but the games are great  - at least the ones I got Cool ). Just to kind of get that out of the way. But I've used it much less frequent than some other "competing client". I'm not really sure why. Ofc  it might have something to do with the fact that I don't have most of my games on here. Plus I'm pretty casual and periodic in my gaming.

Anyway,

+1 for a dark mode!

(Judging from the time span of this thread alone, I won't hold my breath. And I don't really think it'll happen anyway, not really sure why I posted this.. Probably bored or something)

Message 47 of 112 (2,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Seriously origin make this happen its simple and you have ignored all these requests for years now.  You wonder why people move away from EA. Be a better company.
Message 48 of 112 (2,184 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjiZs3t8Yc - Creating color themes for your websites or apps!

Look how simple this * is.

Message 49 of 112 (2,172 Views)

EA DICE Team

As an update, we agree that there should be a dark mode and we haven't forgotten about this. I can't provide an ETA, though. Stay tuned.

Message 50 of 112 (2,159 Views)