Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: DARK MODE IN ORIGIN?

by Bolt_Pow3r

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hi Tom. It's been a couple of years and I see nothing happened so far. What I figure would take less than a day to implement (bg-colour black) is still an on going "issue", if you can call it that, after 3 years. 

I made website in the past without any prior knowledge. It took me a whole 2 minutes to figure out how to make my websites background a different colour. I assume that it would take a professional client designer (or whatever you're calling them) employed by EA (or whoever else) less than a day to make this happen. Failure to disclose why the implementation of a simple colour change is not an acceptable answer =) 

Message 41 of 50 (675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes please get on that. it's been 2 years and I just installed for the first time and I'm considering removing origin because it legit is hurting my eyes.

Message 42 of 50 (612 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Please, I've benn strugling with your interface since it launches.  You cant be the only game launcher that still doesnt have a dark theme…

Message 43 of 50 (495 Views)

Re: Origin Dark Theme

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Completely agree!

Not sure there's any point in replying to this thread, buuut.. oh well. Another sucker for dark themes here!

To the point of using Universal Theme Patcher and a Windows Logon Background Changer (scroll a bit down on the page) on my Windows 7. Basically used since Windows XP days, even if it's not perfect. Still much better than glaring white backgrounds! Even for web pages I sometimes use a color inverter (atm "Invertercores", but it's contrast is high, so might change it if I find a better one eventually).

And now even MS have introduced Dark Mode in Windows 10. I'm not really impressed it took MS some 30 odd years to do that (or.. maybe I am?). And it's still not perfect either (Basically customization have taken a hit since win XP days).

I'd like to add, I'm not one of those hating on Origin. It's Okay. Okay-ish. Its customer service is very good from my experience with them. Shop isn't too bad either I guess (but the games are great  - at least the ones I got Cool ). Just to kind of get that out of the way. But I've used it much less frequent than some other "competing client". I'm not really sure why. Ofc  it might have something to do with the fact that I don't have most of my games on here. Plus I'm pretty casual and periodic in my gaming.

Anyway,

+1 for a dark mode!

(Judging from the time span of this thread alone, I won't hold my breath. And I don't really think it'll happen anyway, not really sure why I posted this.. Probably bored or something)

Message 44 of 50 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie
Seriously origin make this happen its simple and you have ignored all these requests for years now.  You wonder why people move away from EA. Be a better company.
Message 45 of 50 (116 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjiZs3t8Yc - Creating color themes for your websites or apps!

Look how simple this * is.

Message 46 of 50 (104 Views)

Community Manager

As an update, we agree that there should be a dark mode and we haven't forgotten about this. I can't provide an ETA, though. Stay tuned.

--Tom

Message 47 of 50 (90 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bro, it's been like 3 years

Message 48 of 50 (87 Views)

Community Manager
@exaddictTV

that awkward moment..

--Tom

Message 49 of 50 (80 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just reinstalled Origin after not using it for years and still no Dark theme seriously??? come on add it in already i'm sick of being blinded by a bright white background 

Message 50 of 50 (16 Views)

white-origin-bg

Welcome to the Origin Community forums!

We’re glad you’re here. Click through to introduce yourself and meet other community members.

Come say hello