Origin Crash On PC Startup

by RiceCrackahs

Original Post

Origin Crash On PC Startup

★★ Novice

So I've only noticed this past 2 days. As soon as Origin starts on my computer at bootup it says Origin has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. Restart Origin option or Exit origin.

I have tried to reinstall origin, Ccleaner, and even clean boot and clean boot still shows it crashing. Is this to do with the latest Origin client update?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13 (858 Views)

Re: Origin Crash On PC Startup

Community Manager

Hey @RiceCrackahs let's grab a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system and take it from there: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Exact same thing is happening to me!

I noticed this issue about a week ago, after updating Windows. I first noticed the issue on my Gaming PC. Initially I thought it would be related to the Origin Software Installation itself on my PC and its games. Therefore, here what I did:

- I completely deleted the caches, temp data and performed fresh disk cleanup. Here not help.

- Then I completely uninstalled all Origin games, super-manually uninstalled Origin from my PC and deleted every single file and folder related to Origin (Program Files, ProgramData, etc). Then performed a fresh install of Origin. This did not help either!

- Then I can confirm it has nothing to do with my PC, as at the same time I opened my laptop, on which Origin is also installed, and the VERY EXACT same problem is occurring and occurring just on start-up. Restarting origin from the crash Window or manually starting Origin from the desktop runs Origin then just fine.

I must say, I am really not happy any more with Origin. They have very bad services, poorly-educated personal on the service hub and their argument every time I contact them is that "servers are currently down". This is actually partially true, because the servers is almost always down! I never enjoyed playing multiplayer although all ports are open and I have good connection, compared to other services like Epic, Steam, UPlay, and many others.

Their Origin software is also not optimized for high DPI displays and look horribly blurry.

I hope that EA finds a final solution and perform an "Overhaul" to their Origin platform!

Message 3 of 13 (666 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tweetatoo if there was an issue with Origin then we would be seeing multiple reports of it. I tested Origin just there on my two systems and I'm not seeing an issue with Origin.

Do you have a DxDiag so that we can have a look at your system?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here is the file @EA_Darko 

Message 5 of 13 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Not so fast with the 'we'd be seeing more of this' since there's a WHOLE THREAD devoted to it!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-crashes-on-system-start-up/td-p/8954823

... also seeing this last week but swamped with work.  Here's my DXDIAG as well. 

Message 6 of 13 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Your reply is a big example of what I meant about the absence of knowledge by the support personal. Nothing against you personally, just a central and generalized Origin problem

Should you simply have carefully monitored your communities, then you could simply notice, that many people reported this and in the exact time frame (10 to 14 days ago)!

Anyways I will provide you with my DxDiag once possible.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 13 (555 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tubers your DxDiag is throwing up a number of errors,  the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 13 (542 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tweetatoo if this were a general issue with Origin then we would be seeing hundreds if not thousands of posts about this issue. Not saying that this may not be an issue with Origin but rather that the number is so small is a good thing as it generally means that the issue is a system issue. On a lot of the DxDiags I have seen relating to this they are showing a number of errors and issues, if you grab your one we will take a look and see what we can see.

If there is an issue with Origin then we will raise it up to the team to look into but we would need as much info as possible so as to investigate.

When closing down Windows do you exit out of Origin fully? If you try a clean boot or complete shut down does the issue occur or is it just when you shit down from the start menu? What version of Origin are you running, is it fully patched or are you running an older version?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 13 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko !  Ran the checker and found a couple of errors.  Then rebooted, once again Origin crashed on Windows start, but started once the error report was sent.  Checked filesystem again and no issues:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

Message 10 of 13 (482 Views)