Origin Client - terrible interface

by Aazatgrabya

Original Post

Origin Client - terrible interface

★★ Novice

It still amazes me that EA, this absolutely enormous company that clearly throw money at game development have spent seemingly so little attention to their shop-front.  Of all the main online games stores and distribution methods it is the slowest, most arduous to navigate, in some cases the content takes a while to download (I'm not talking downloading games here - I'm saying shop front thumbnails etc), the news feed is unrelated to my game usage or interests, the game pages have so little information I often have to look online (or even Steam!) to see if I want to bother playing a game.  Then if you have too much in a page it functions terribly - a quick browse for a new game to play in the Origin Access listing has just taken over 40 seconds to populate the page of games while continuously scrolling down.

This is like pulling teeth.  If this was a website for any small/medium business I wouldn't expect to see them operate very long, but because you have a captured audience you feel you can get away with it.  Of all the store fronts available to me on my PC at the moment (Steam, Epic, uPlay, Battle.Net), currently when looking for a new game to play - Origin is the very last go to place for all the reasons listed above.

Please, sort yourselves out.

Message 1 of 2 (433 Views)

Re: Origin Client - terrible interface

Community Manager

@Aazatgrabya 

Thank you for the feedback on the Origin client. You mentioned little information available, what type of specific info are you looking for? Reviews or gameplay videos?

If the thumbnails are taking a while to load try clearing your cache and reboot your network to see if a fresh connection can help with that.

Clear Cache on PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (417 Views)