Origin Account email deleted

by sheppythedriver

Original Post

Highlighted

Origin Account email deleted

★★★ Novice

Here is a complicated one, I've been trying to change my username for some time now but I don't remember the security code I've set; I have tried to contact E.A. by using the live chat option without any luck. Now here is the tricky part, I didn't use Origin for a some time before 2017 and I deleted the email address connected to the account, since I had forgotten that it was tied to it. So what can I do?

Request my account to be linked to a new email address?

Message 1 of 11 (980 Views)

Re: Origin Account email deleted

Hi, @sheppythedriver

So what has happened when you tried to contact EA using live chat? Chat advisor didn't help or you couldn't connect with advisers?

Anyway, problems like that could only be solved with EA support at help.ea.com. You can start a live chat or request a call back.

If you're having difficulties connecting to EA support, let us here know!
Message 2 of 11 (969 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sheppythedriver

Just to add to what @ElbruzOne said, I might have to give you some bad news.

If you do not have access to the email address your account is linked to, AND have forgotten the security question, it's very hard for you to prove that you're the owner of the account and not some random person who is good at guessing passwords. Since you still have access to your account, I would write down that password and account name someplace really smart and never lose it, and hope you never get hacked.

Sometimes you can prove you're the owner only with password and account name, or like, by starting the game at some exact time to show EA that you're the one logged in. It might work.

I just wanted to warn you that if you lost both email and security question, this quest of yours is a hard one Standard smile

Good luck!!

Message 3 of 11 (966 Views)

★★★ Novice
I was waiting around 25-30 minutes for a connection, and nothing happened.
Message 4 of 11 (961 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sheppythedriver

After live chat windows popped up, was there approximate wait time? If not, then something is wrong with your browser. You might want to try some other internet browser. help.ea.com works best with Internet Explorer.

If changing your browser didn't help, you can try to get help without logging in, sometimes this works for me. Just log out of your EA account, create new case and when it asks you to log in, just click on "Get help from an advisor without logging in."

Message 5 of 11 (954 Views)

★★★ Novice
It occured on Google Chrome since I'm using it by default, but I'll give this a shot, thanks.
Message 6 of 11 (940 Views)

★★★ Novice
UPDATE: After live chat with EA support I managed to regain full access to my account, thank you everyone for your tips.
Message 7 of 11 (903 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@sheppythedriver May I ask how you ended up getting the option to answer a security question?
Message 8 of 11 (535 Views)

★★★ Novice

Greetings @falloutshelter57  and apologies for the late response, I got this option because the EA Support expert who helped me re-set a new email required me to set a new security question.

Message 9 of 11 (494 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I guess I'm more curious on where to find a security question. I remember setting one up but my account's not giving me the chance to answer it. How did you navigate to the security question

Message 10 of 11 (490 Views)