Re: Origin Access

by ivrognard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Access

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was wondering if when the access membership is over or cancelled will I still have access to the vault games or will I have to buy them to continue playing.

Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@m00seman214  as @mcsupersport  said, the Origin Access is basically a renting service. As long as the subscription is ongoing you can access the games from the Vault. When the subscription stops, you lose access to those games. You won't lose your progress, though. If you decide to buy the games, instead of renewing the subscription, you get your progress back.

Personally, i prefer to buy my games (mostly because i want access to my games all the time and i do not want to worry about the subscription). But if you get the Access for all the games The Vault offers, sure, it's cheaper. If you want just certain games, buying them may be a better choice. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)

All Replies

As a disclosure, I don't have Access, nor have I ever had it....

But saying that, it is set up to be the same as renting a game.  So you can play the game as long as you have access and if you stop access then you can no longer play the game until you buy it for your own.  I have heard of a few cases where stopping access has messed up the coding in your account for games that you actually own, and it took EA help to fix the issue(they removed the game from account and all references to it, and then re-authorized it back again to fix it).

Think of it like Netflix or Hulu....you can watch all you want as long as you are a member, but you don't expect to still watch stuff after you quit...so same idea,except with games instead of movies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (290 Views)
Highlighted

@m00seman214  as @mcsupersport  said, the Origin Access is basically a renting service. As long as the subscription is ongoing you can access the games from the Vault. When the subscription stops, you lose access to those games. You won't lose your progress, though. If you decide to buy the games, instead of renewing the subscription, you get your progress back.

Personally, i prefer to buy my games (mostly because i want access to my games all the time and i do not want to worry about the subscription). But if you get the Access for all the games The Vault offers, sure, it's cheaper. If you want just certain games, buying them may be a better choice. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 3 (335 Views)