Re: Origin Access: Timer or time played?

by afrocowboy23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Access: Timer or time played?

★★★ Newbie

When I start playing a game granted via trial and get 10 hours, does it start a timer that ticks down even if you are not in game or does it tick down based on actual time played?

Message 1 of 12 (49,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

@sirphobos1983 wrote:

When I start playing a game granted via trial and get 10 hours, does it start a timer that ticks down even if you are not in game or does it tick down based on actual time played?

According to the EA guy, the timer only ticks down while the game is running, so you can play 5 hours on the day it unlocks and another 5 hours the next day or 3hrs per day and the last hour the following day.

I am gonna do a 3hrs per day type of thing, so that will be 3 days of playing this game....though i might get carried away, you know us and new games. lol

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (56,826 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

@sirphobos1983 wrote:

According to the EA guy, the timer only ticks down while the game is running, so you can play 5 hours on the day it unlocks and another 5 hours the next day or 3hrs per day and the last hour the following day.

I am gonna do a 3hrs per day type of thing, so that will be 3 days of playing this game....though i might get carried away, you know us and new games. lol

Message 2 of 12 (56,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's good news, thank you!

Message 3 of 12 (49,042 Views)

Don't forget to fully quit the game,

you don't want it to keep ticking in the menu screen. Devil

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 12 (49,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thx guy.

Message 5 of 12 (46,152 Views)

★ Novice
What if trial is expired,and i want to buy game?do i need to download it again or just pay for it and it will activate itself?
Message 6 of 12 (44,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From what I know, if you download the trial game and you used up all the hours, you can buy it and it will save up your progress. You do, however, need to download the game again so that the system can know that you bought it instead of trying it out.

Message 7 of 12 (42,031 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Why does it tick down when ur in the game even thou ur just sitting in the menus???? I spent 1 hour searching cause we couldn’t get a game and then only played 1 game of nhl 19 and now got 9 hours left......that’s kinda stupid
Message 8 of 12 (40,549 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@afrocowboy23 It's not a smart timer that knows what you're doing in-game, so it's up to you to ensure you get the maximum time from your trial. It starts counting from the moment the game executable is launched, and stops counting only when it's closed. So even if you Alt-Tab out of the game to somewhere else, it will still count the time from the game running in the background.
Message 9 of 12 (40,530 Views)

★★★ Novice
I understand what ur saying.... but why is the 10 hour trial like that?? Why have ea made it so the timer starts like that and not base it on time in game playing???
Message 10 of 12 (40,516 Views)