Ops? What ******* ops?

by Culverine

Original Post

Ops? What ******* ops?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I was really excited for this game mod but what is this? Can't really start where to complain; 5 waves only , same map as for other PvP modes, too small maps, no side choosing no difficulty no choice of garden no solo play no AI-s... WTF?

I had no complains on gameplay  till now but this is *!!!

Message 1 of 17 (881 Views)

Re: Ops? What ******* ops?

★★★★★ Expert

The maps used for Ops in GW1 and 2 have always been the PvP maps for the non TT modes.

The rest of your post I can agree with though. I hope this is going to have some changes in the future.

Message 2 of 17 (865 Views)

★★ Guide

I had posted a thread on Ops mode too but it just got deleted, i have re-posted it as i believe this is worthy of further discussion.

Message 3 of 17 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mistincat 

Yep I replied to your post as best I could considering the disappointment and let down I feel.... will do again... but why was the post deleted?
There was more than just me had replied....
I will reply again but sadly do not have it saved so will need to wrtie it.

Message 4 of 17 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Iron_Guard8Yes that's right about maps, was bit enraged when I was writing this

Message 5 of 17 (840 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@mistincat I was going to ask what happened to that??
@Culverine Basically, I'm disappointed with the options being removed for garden or graveyard, map, difficulty, team. I'm ok with 5 waves but would've liked to choose up to 10. Ops is a very popular mode precisely because you have so much control over it.
Message 6 of 17 (822 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The release of this game is reminding me when The Sims 4 launched.

Message 7 of 17 (817 Views)

★★ Guide

@asabaida I had a feeling the thread would be deleted, because it pointed out some rather glaring omissions from the mode and exposed player disappointment, to this end i took the liberty of taking screenshots so that original responses can be viewed by everyone without the original poster needing to re-write their response.

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 17 (794 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think devs don’t understand how large the community of PvE gamers was in the fact I have MANY GW2 gamers on my friends list that I met during boss hunts... 

Some of these people can frag as efficiently as my good friends from multiplayer but they don’t like to play vs humans....

... for these type of people, I’m very sad as many wont like this.

Message 9 of 17 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage There are very distinct groups of PvZ players, as you say, on whichever server you're on. Some purely play turf or one of the other modes, some purely mixed mode. I also know people who love ops because they can limit the play to a few people they feel able to cope with.
It's fine that this game is not just GW2 with new maps, I love so much about it, but so much choice removal on a much-loved mode??
Message 10 of 17 (764 Views)