Re: Opinions on octane leak

by Squishy_the_goat

Original Post

Opinions on octane leak

★ Apprentice

If you haven't seen him yet the image is posted below. 

For me he seems pretty awesome i feel like a lot of people will probably want to play him due to his speed boost and passive healing. his hitbox also looks like its going to be a fair size so thats a plus too!

nt60ofiaj8j21.jpg

image is from Reddit 

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/avmr5z/octane_leak/

Message 1 of 5 (408 Views)

★ Guide

I don't think slow immunity is needed in his kit. Auto-heal + Bangalore speed on demand is enough to make him top tier.
Making Caustic even more useless is not really needed...

Message 2 of 5 (385 Views)

★ Apprentice

caustic needs a counter tho, so many times i have to sit and wait or try to walk around teammates smoke because the slowdown and spotting.

Message 3 of 5 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

fake?

Message 4 of 5 (316 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The rate of the health regeneration would probably have a large impact on the characters first impressions. I've played a lot of other multiplayer games where auto-healing characters have been favoured as a crutch. I usually don't have a problem for health items if I survive the first few minutes but if the regeneration is rapid enough to make a difference in a semi drawn-out battle it could be a favourite for newcomers. The ability to keep your gun up and have full freedom of movement while healing is an attractive prospect.

The first active ability seems negligible. Six seconds doesn't sound like a lot when the global character mobility is already pretty fast to begin with. And this certainly wouldn't be the only character with the ability to boost their own speed. It doesn't do anything to directly negate damage and it guarantees you take a little bit of damage too. The question is would this ability be more effective as an initiator move or an escaping one. It's probably going to be kind of spammable but the health cost has a reasonable chance of betraying you in a fight. I'm sure the implication is that you're supposed to heal that 10% back passively.

Also I have heard complaints of people who have been picking Pathfinder purely to exploit his capability to fight from out-of-bounds locations with his grappling hook, so it would be interesting to see what a whole squad might do if they added a fairly powerful launch pad ultimate. Consider the possibility that Octane could enable Pathfinder to take his grappling hook adventures even further too.

I'm seriously unsure on the size. Looks to me like it's somewhere between Lifeline and Mirage sized. Little that can be used as a reference.

Message 5 of 5 (312 Views)