Re: Opinion on usage of 1200 crafting metals

by Biochemikas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Opinion on usage of 1200 crafting metals

★★★★ Pro

So I stopped spending my crafting metals on little items and finally saved up for a big one. Question is what should I spend it on?  I ask because it takes a long time to acquire and I want to make sure I pick the best choice. Now the two options are either a weapon skin or a character skin. Banners, finishers and poses I could care less about. The choices I was considering are as follows. Prowler: Spacewalker, Hemlock: Fluid Mechanics, R301: Dynastic Cycle, Spitfire: Continuum, P2020: Green Mamba, Wingman: Thermal Rise, Lifeline: London Calling,Wraith: Quarantine 722, Mirage: Ghost Machine, Caustic: Philosophers Stone, Wattson:Cyber Security. So what's your opinion?

Message 1 of 15 (759 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide
@ColdHours Probably you are among the rarest group that want to purchase P2020, even though it's stronger now :D. Go for it.

Btw, don't get wingman thermal rise, it's too big and take alot of screen space.

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (703 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

I am in the same boat as you.  I only think the Legends and Weapon skins is what I would spend it on.  I am sitting on about 2K but haven't made my mind up yet.  I was thinking R99 skin as I like using that gun.   

Message 2 of 15 (730 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have the variant of The alchemist. Its called Magnum Opus and its the best one imo.

Message 3 of 15 (718 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ColdHours Probably you are among the rarest group that want to purchase P2020, even though it's stronger now :D. Go for it.

Btw, don't get wingman thermal rise, it's too big and take alot of screen space.
Message 4 of 15 (704 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@d3adc3II I had taken everything into consideration and threw caution into the wind and went with the P2020 skin. There is something so appealing about it and your comment made me go for it. I will now use this as often as possible to get as good as i can with it. Thank you for the advice.

Message 5 of 15 (690 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ColdHours Nice. Curse that day when I was knocked by one guy. I was confident that my squadmate could come before that guy kill me,they are quite near me( it was a big fight between multiple groups).
So I activated my golden shield, hope the guy should go away.

But he took his P2020 with hopup, shot 3 bullets through the shield and killed me. Damn that P2020.
Message 6 of 15 (673 Views)

Champion

Hehe i've got the green mamba skin, it's a good'un. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 15 (667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

"P2020 stronger now" sounds like a huge understatement  XD. Imo it's THE best secondary weapon in the game atm. If I find hammerpoint rounds, I drop anything I have (goodbye mastiff, goodbye fully stocked longbow) and actively look for a p2020.

Sure Mozambique is technically better and has more dps, but it's a bit too close-ranged and requires too good aim for my taste.

Message 8 of 15 (605 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Biochemikas It's still a "stronger gun than it's used to be for me" :D
Probably it's not my playstyle, but i prefer longbow, wingman than the rest.
Message 9 of 15 (592 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well sniper vs P2020 is really a matter of playstyle preference. P2020 loadout will almost definitely lose a fight that starts at mid range (assuming even skill opponents), Longbow loadout will lose a quick and dirty CQC fight.

There's no way to pair P2020 with a sniper and that's great (unless you're feeling adventurous). It makes the game more tactical and more variable.

Still in terms of raw dps, p2020 is king Standard smile. Doesn't mean it's broken or OP, since it's usage is limited.

Message 10 of 15 (588 Views)