Opinion on Ranked

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Opinion on Ranked

★★★★★ Expert

The moment you have been waiting for. My opinion/review on ranked. 

Lemme begin by saying: I now get why there are threads saying there should be a level limit before you can enter Ranked. I didn’t even read the threads but I already figured why... but now I’ve seen it. The amount of taking people across the desert that I’ve had to do was unbelievable...

But on to ranked itself. No different than normal at bronze. Jeez, some randoms (yes the ppl I usually play with are only on during weekends) still try and shoot enemies with SMGs while the enemy is on top of a cliff or that structure near Repulsor who have snipers... 

‘worked’ myself to silver... still some random noobs (which I can assume will also still be at gold) who shoot at everything that moves, but much more level headed ppl who actually hold out on the shooting till the enemy’s at a good spot. 

Haven’t got kicked yet for leaving... so... weird. What I also noticed was you only get ‘16’ RPs for wins with 5 kills in silver due to the 1RP commission that they take? Does that mean that on Apex Predator you only get like 12?

people really don’t wanna die before they get in top 5... had one team camp in a building I was going in... can’t believe how many times I was in top 7... other than that, quite fun

Message 1 of 32 (770 Views)

Re: Opinion on Ranked

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q for me ranked is way better than elite queue, i never have any experience with hardcore camping in ranked, i personally don't really care if i lose RP or not, because at the end of the day, cheaters is out there competing for the top spot, so i'm just gonna enjoy my time here at the bottom of the sea xD
Message 2 of 32 (741 Views)

★★ Expert

@bosourd 

+10

Hongkong server/ silver rank is flooded today...

Heart

Message 3 of 32 (723 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q 

I had a dabble in ranked and enjoyed it. A lot more level headed game play, but the gunfights came think and fast. Got really busy sometimes.

I was shocked at the amount of low ranked players in bronze. I didn't think they would be jumping in ranked so early. I ended up partied up with x2 sub level 20s, but they were communicating and trying really hard. Ended up explaining some things to them, and giving gun recommendations and stuff. Didn't win, but had a good time regardless. I need more time playing to really evaluate it but enjoyed it.

I'm still in bronze. Played about 7-8 games. 5 of which were with the low levels.

It's better than elite queue imo.

Message 4 of 32 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

At gold rank it becomes extremely campy on console. I've had numerous games with randoms who break away from the jump master, go hide in a secluded bush with no intention of getting kills. At gold you need 2 kills to break even, or you could place top 10 to break even and you will gain points for high finishes without any kills.

The way it's set up, the most consistent way of gaining points for solo players is to camp like a champ and I don't blame them. A solo queue team doesn't have a hope against a three man team of competent players. They should've separated solo and team queue.

Message 5 of 32 (709 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@bosourd Indeed, it's way better and I think between silver and platinum (or diamond... the one after gold :P) most matches won't be the campy mess elite queue was... wait... but I want the top spot as well... I don't wanna meet cheaters! swim up and help me out would ya... then I can throw you overboard again ;P

@Silz616, I can. Why 'waste' time with normal queue when you can get rewards for ranked even if you only end up in silver. I'd do the same. Good times are always the best, but unfortunately, most times it's dumb decisionmaking from people that gets your squad wiped out... Just went silver 3... gonna play later and get to at least gold 4... hopefully my buddies will be on by that time cause I can't stand the ppl who may think like 'Oh 2 squads are fighting 150m away, lemme just gets some shots off with my AR/SMG'...

@Neil_Enbob, what platform and what server? Lolz 2 kills is easy to handle... usually... especially with your own crew.
Message 6 of 32 (689 Views)

★★ Pro
@Neil_Enbob My experience on xbone in Australia is totally different to this. The gold lobbies are the best games I've ever had so far. Full of top players, everyone being aggressive but playing tight. Not seen any rats under buildings etc yet, maybe they've just not had time to arrive by camping yet where I am.
Message 7 of 32 (679 Views)

★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q i wanna win too, but i don't take matches for granted unless EA/Respawn improves their security to fights cheaters, otherwise, it's just gonna bite you right in the azz xD
Message 8 of 32 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

In the past, if your team mate is down, they will scream to get revive and respawn, some people even cursing if you're too slow, ignore and run away, then they disconnect ASAP.

But in rank mode, they see the situation (squad remaining near top 10, top 5, enemy nearby, ring closing, respawn far),

They understand that I better run away and survive so the whole team get the RP, rather than get nothing.

Even if their timer expired, they wait until get top 10, top 5, top 3.

Message 9 of 32 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Koochi-QRank is utter crap let me explain...

1. To get higher or prestige is to keep playing non stop, how is this regarded as skilled players you could be mediocre and still get to Higher rank.

2. Theres no disadvantage while ranking up like for example losing points to derank for instance if you leave a match while everyone in your squad is alive you should lose rank points and derank.

3. Wtf is the point of ranking up when your random teammates are all potatoes regardless.

4. The daily challenges clashes with Rank matches making it nearly impossible to compete properly because everyone in your teams doing their own thing.

Message 10 of 32 (637 Views)