Opinion about caustic

by ZergSquad

Original Post

Opinion about caustic

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Why dont u buff his ultimate AOE at least x2 ??? 

Bcz

• Hes slow af

• His gas barrels is epic situational and only works at buildings, while apex map is like 90% open space

• even gibraltar has 2 shields and he has 0

• this 15% resist buff is doing 0 job agains caustic hitbox and movement slowness

• Even other aoe ultimates like bangalore or gibraltar has much more AOE and damage...

So why not make caustic ultimate spread at much more area? bcz honestly, frag grenage is much more worth to throw than his ultimate 

PS im not caustic player, so everyone who wants to say something about "bla bla another guy wants his main character OP" could tell this to nearest brick wall on your living location

Message 1 of 24 (788 Views)

Re: Opinion about caustic

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Well all characters are at the same speed,it's just the animations are slower but still the way they lowered the damage on gibraltar and caustic made them easier to play with cause the animations are slower.

His nox barrels are already good enough for any situation even open space imagine if the distance was higher it would be impossible ata any point to go away after being gassed.

His ultimate is powerfull also you can detect ennemy players inside it making him one of the best support characters when inside buildings and really lethal at mid-final game time.

If you really don't like him don't play with him there's enough characters already in-game but if you really want him,Iwould suggest trying several tactics with him maybe change your gamestyle when using him like not going straight to ennemies etc.

Because basically it's a support character and not an offensive one.

Just giving my opinion being a non caustic player cause can't really fight properly with him and actually don't wanna use him but I have a friend and he plays really good with him despite the slowliness of the animations.

Message 2 of 24 (768 Views)

★ Guide

As above really, although I wouldn't complain if they did end up buffing Caustic. I feel he is actually underated as it is but perhaps a buff would increase his usage.

Anyway as regards to his ultimate I don't think it's that bad, neither are his barrels, and a good Caustic player can decide many battles on their own.   

The barrels can be shot easy enough but then you position them so they can't be shot or you shoot them yourself so they activate and it gives you some time to reload, run away etc. Likewise his ultimate although the damage could be perceived as minimal but it's more than that. His gas slows and disorientates the enemy but also points them out to Caustic so he can shoot them through the gas. 

So fair enough he's limited in the open but then who isn't? Most abilities allow you to run away and only really Gibraltar can hang around with his shield. 

Message 3 of 24 (751 Views)

★★ Pro

I think they should just normalise the model sizes so we're all approximately the same size, get rid of the 15% DR and they should change his ultimate slightly so that there's no audio queue when you pull his grenade out, and no delay in terms of when he can throw it.

Message 4 of 24 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You probably just need to put more effort into it. His ult is very good, most of the time if you catch someone in the gas its a free kill. 

His traps are also really good, and no legend is good in the open, everyone needs to be close to cover or they get melted.

He also the same speed as the others.

Also "im not a caustic player" sure thats why you went to the forums to complain.

Message 5 of 24 (683 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I play caustic because his abilities are so good.

I stop playing caustic because his character size is not viable in any fight.

Message 6 of 24 (672 Views)

★★ Guide

Idk i dont notice much diffrance between legends. No matter witch one i use unless im in at least 50% cover, full speed slide jump crouch flying transversal im down in less than a secound. And sometimes even that dont work.

Message 7 of 24 (655 Views)

Champion

I think a lot of people don't utilise Caustic's gas traps in the way they should, they are by far one of the best tactical abilities in this game as far as versatility goes and when you learn to use them properly you'll stop having as many issues with caustic's size.

Shooting your own gas traps and using them as cover can be extremely useful, and if you think their use is limited to just inside buildings then you're not thinking quite enough outside the box.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 8 of 24 (632 Views)

★★ Expert

I just purchased him cause I had a challenge to do...I don't mind him.  Canisters in the open don't do much...best if you're enclosed...His ult was ok

Heart

Message 9 of 24 (622 Views)

★★ Pro

They're absolutely great for stopping teams creeping up on you if you tailor the routes you take to using Caustic to best effect.  Someone's either going to give caustic dmg markers or have to shoot the variables and make a load of noise.

Message 10 of 24 (606 Views)