Re: Operating system compatibility

by master2g

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Operating system compatibility

★★★ Novice

Hello I would like to ask if I can play the game on windows 7? or do I have to get windows 10?

Message 1 of 9 (1,464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@XWildsenseX 

When the System Requirements become available, you will be able to see those here:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat#store-page-section-require...

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,441 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@XWildsenseX 

When the System Requirements become available, you will be able to see those here:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat#store-page-section-require...

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Pro
@XWildsenseX Nono you know EA are using the frostbite engine on most games now, there is a reason why they dident use frostbite on etc FIfa for PS3 and Xbox 360. So no Win7 is not good enough for todays AAA games, you should atleast have Win8\8.1 too run this game. But im sure Win 10 will be a on reccomanded specs, but most important if you have a old pc i would reccomand you too upgrade it.
Message 3 of 9 (1,398 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Will need for speed heat support dual GFX card set ups? I will be getting a second nvidia 980 GTX soon.
Message 4 of 9 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Pro
@XWildsenseX I would reccomand atleast 1050 atleast, personally i have 1080. That is the best you can get if you buy for 15.000 NOK(1672,32 Dollars, anyway 1050 GTX is more then enough for most games. For 980 you will have a hard time with most AAA games, that is only good enough for indie games.
Message 5 of 9 (1,350 Views)

★★ Pro
No Windows 7 should be fine and yes it is good enough for today's triple A titles. Just take a few moments and check the specs for games like Borderlands 3 , NBA 2K20 ,Control or Wolfenstein Young blood and they all have Windows 7, 8 and 10 in the specs for recommended and minimum. I run Windows 7 with out issues and I doubt Ghost or EA are going to abandon Windows 7 just yet. Gaming performance between 7 and 10 isn't much at all in FPS either so one or the other should be fine.
Message 6 of 9 (1,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@master2gMayby not EA will but Microsoft themselves, are cutting the support for WIn 7 next year. That means you and other Win 7 users, will be more vulnerable for virus and stuff like that. But i have seen most AAA titles on steam, most of them reccomand that you have atleast Win 8. Mayby not EA have moved away from that yet, but companies like Ubisoft and Codemasters have allready done that etc Dirt Rally. My point is you cant live in the past forever atleast if you play on PC, the games get better and better.

Message 7 of 9 (1,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@BVBgamer88  I just went onto steam and here is what they have listed for recommended PC requirements for Dirt 2.0 released Fed 2019 , anyone can go check it out for verification.

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or Intel Core i5 8600K
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 or NVIDIA GTX 1070
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard

As well I play The Crew 2 , a Ubisoft game on Windows 7 and it runs flawlessly. As i have built a lot of PCs and have a decent background in it i can only say with out getting into details and debates that Windows 7 is fine for awhile yet.  I am not trying to be rude or anything i just do not want the original poster to be misinformed. Bottom line here IMHO is wait until NFS Heat comes out and see what the requirements are.  I would not suggest a complete operating systems upgrade and everything on just a "maybe".  My 2 cents . Take care. Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you BVBgamer88 and master2g. I have windows 10 now but I will getting a second 980 GTX GFX card installed in my PC soon (Since i got it free from a friend). I just hope NFS heat will support and run well with my Dual 980 GTX cards. I have an intel i7 4960X @3.60Ghz 3.80Ghz. 64 bit windows 10 and 16 GB memory RAM.

Message 9 of 9 (1,291 Views)