Re: Open World Star Wars... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, E.A!

by MrFragManiac

Original Post

Open World Star Wars... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, E.A!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I love what EA has done with Jedi Fallen Order, and I also LOVE Battlefront II. 

The graphics, ideas, and detail in these games is OUTSTANDING!!!

I do not want to compare much with other games, as I really feel that EA is doing an awesome job with these Star Wars games. But something along the lines of a Star Wars Open World that has the freedom and exploration of Skyrim, with the detail and uniqueness of Red Dead Redemption 2/ what RockStar is capable of is needed and desired. In my opinion, Open World Star Wars is totally needed, and I wouldn't care if it is the biggest / most expensive game I invest in! That would be a dream come true.

I am a HUGE Skyrim fan, and have been playing it for years. I would really enjoy an Open World Star Wars game with the customization, personalizing, and overall openness that a game such as Skyrim offers. Not trying to say that what EA is doing isn't good enough, because it is! They are doing an incredible job!! But an Open World Star Wars such as this, where your character (s) is personalized to how you want them to be, with no backstory, would be awesome. 

It would HAVE to have:

- Character Customization

- Freedom of Multiple Characters (Like Skyrim: Special Edition)

- Customizable Starfighter / ship.... Perhaps even Starfighter workshops across the Galaxy

- Travel to Different planets (suitable to the Star Wars Era selected)... E.g. Courasant (Jedi Temple included), Tatooine, Mustafar, Kamino, Naboo, Kashyyyk, Utapau, Dathomir, Felucia, Geonosis, etc (Clone Wars Era example)

- Customizable Weapons: Guns, Lightsabers, Staffs, etc.

- Skill Trees (Such as Skyrim with all branches of skill perks to upgrade and focus on depending on preferred role playing)

- Purchasable Homes w/ storage for items and outfits, etc. on the different planets

- And just an Open World that you can make with it as you will (such as Skyrim)

- Jedi path option (learning is Corasaunt temple)

- Sith option (learning somewhere  sinister and hidden... like the Mustafar system or Dathomir)

- Wide array of Force & Weapon abilities

- Currency like Galactic Credits for in game uses (like purchases parts, homes, outfits, etc.)

- Assassin option (such as Dark brotherhood)

- Rebel or Empire ( alot like Empire/ Imperial or Stormcloak)

- Bounty Hunting 

- Smuggler Options (I guess like the Thieves guild or something like that)

- etc. 

Preferably an Open World Star Wars such as this that is focus on Single Player (such as Skyrim)... Again, I wouldn't care how expensive or how big the game would be for it to happen. I would just LOVE to see a quality Star Wars game like this. I would love to see EA do all that they have perfected in Battlefront II and Jedi: Fallen Order, and take it this much further!

I would love to be a Jedi & Rebellion/ Clone Army/ Resistance General with a beautiful house in Naboo. 

DO NOT INCLUDE: Something like dragons from Skyrim that come and attack out of nowhere and kill NPCS (valuable ones, for that matter). That is horrible... NPCs that offer things and training need to be kept alive

EA..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen.

Message 1 of 7 (1,000 Views)

★ Guide

"...with the detail and uniqueness of Red Dead Redemption 2/ what RockStar is capable of is needed and desired"

If even Rockstar couldn't manage RDR2 without tons of bugs, I doubt EA could pull it off, and they would likely leave most of them unfixed.

As Yoda would say, "Careful what you wish for Padawan be."

Message 2 of 7 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

@MrFragManiac 

A very valid point for sure.

However, I am very impressed with the detail and dedication E.A has been putting in specifically with Battlefront II & Jedi: Fallen Order. In my overall opinion, I think they have been doing an excellent job with the smoothness of these games, and their potential of enhancing. As an example, Battlefront II has come a whole 180 degrees from what it was when it first came out (in a great way)! They've been able to address most of the issues/ bugs that we have came across and have given the game some great attention. 

I for one do believe in what E.A is doing & can do with Star Wars games. Master Yoda is certainly right in his care for what is wished ;P. But Yoda is all about faith as well. I have faith in what E.A can do here! 

Message 3 of 7 (891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

^Sorry, but when I read that I couldn't help but think of the most annoying bug in BF II's campaign that made it very irritating to play. The one where your cards do not stay set. It leaves you with just a default loadout with no option to Heal, speed up cooldowns, etc. The alternative of course is to restart the whole mission and stick with one loadout. It's been discussed at length on the forum and still no fix.

So again, if EA can't even manage things like that, a very fleshed out RPG would be miles harder.

Message 4 of 7 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@MrFragManiac 

^^^

Oh really??.. I honestly haven't even tried the Campaign on BF II yet! So, I wouldn't know about that. But that does sound like it is an annoying one for sure. 

I noticed there used to be a similar thing with Luke Skywalker's cards when online, and it was especially tricky to work with when playing H vs. V. 

You are right. E.A needs to be getting on things like those. You do have a point that E.A does certainly need to pick up the pace and get into fixing those sort of things. 

In my personal opinion, I am not too much of a fan of the sports games that E.A is known for and same with their Apps. They all feel the same to me, and they lack creativity and detail in those areas. They all just seem so "half-done". That is why I was so blown away with Jedi: Fallen Order

But if they could put majority of their focus into making the big RPG Open World Star Wars it would be a GAME CHANGER for them! They would get a huge boost in reputation, and the sales will most definitely be there too. And if their focus is put into this more so, it may help with their noticing and efficiency of simple bug fixes. That's just what I would think though. If their time and efforts are  put into a big, quality Star Wars game such as this - as a majority, they could be a real powerhouse. 

But.... E.A needs to focus on making it great and put the work there 

Message 5 of 7 (767 Views)

★★ Novice

@MrFragManiac 

^^^

Oh really??.. I honestly haven't even tried the Campaign on BF II yet! So, I wouldn't know about that. But that does sound like it is an annoying one for sure. 

I noticed there used to be a similar thing with Luke Skywalker's cards when online, and it was especially tricky to work with when playing H vs. V. 

You are right. E.A needs to be getting on things like those. You do have a point that E.A does certainly need to pick up the pace and get into fixing those sort of things. 

In my personal opinion, I am not too much of a fan of the sports games that E.A is known for and same with their Apps. They all feel the same to me, and they lack creativity and detail in those areas. They all just seem so "half-done". That is why I was so blown away with Jedi: Fallen Order

But if they could put majority of their focus into making the big RPG Open World Star Wars it would be a GAME CHANGER for them! They would get a huge boost in reputation, and the sales will most definitely be there too. And if their focus is put into this more so, it may help with their noticing and efficiency of simple bug fixes. That's just what I would think though. If their time and efforts are  put into a big, quality Star Wars game such as this - as a majority, they could be a real powerhouse. 

But.... E.A needs to focus on making it great and put the work there 

Message 6 of 7 (765 Views)

★★★ Guide

Gonna throw this out there - Circa 2003 Star Wars had it's own open world "sandbox" MMORPG called Star Wars Galaxies. It was absolutely awesome, but Sony Online Entertainment wanted to make it into a World of Warcraft clone and totally wrecked it... so a large community of fans reconstructed the original version of it. It's been in the works for... 15 years! It's called SWGEMU. I saw your list of requests, and it has every single item on your list in spades, though the graphics are a bit dated, they're actually pretty amazing by 2005 standards. It is entirely customizable, you mix and match from 48 different skilltrees into whatever you want.

This is an early video of the gameplay from when the developers first unveiled it to everyone just after SOE trashed it...  And a much newer video from 2018...

It's taken 15 years, but they're nearly done restoring it to its original state, the only thing they haven't really implemented is the starfighter simulator part of it. I often think about going back to it, but having children, i just don't have room for it in my life.  More info at www.swgemu.com

Message 7 of 7 (808 Views)