Only one PSN id can be linked to an EA account in its lifetime.

by ViTaL_C0D3R

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Only one PSN id can be linked to an EA account in its lifetime.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm trying to link a new PSN account to a EA account that already had a PSN account linked that I removed the link. I contacted support one said that it was impossible to link a new PSN account to this EA account the other said I have to wait 6 months to relink. Both of these are absurd I have an EA account that has all my PC games on it and now I have either create a whole new account or not be able to play the multiplayer features of the the game. This stupid so now I will have to purchase two EA subscriptions because they won't let me relink my account this stupid and very anti consumer which I'm sure you are already aware of. While you devs work 80 work weeks so that you can push a microtransaction simulator and treat customers like this while your executives rake in millions this is quite disgusting all I want to do is play the games I BOUGHT!

[CM - Edited profanity for readability]

Message 1 of 30 (24,698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Only one PSN id can be linked to an EA account in its lifetime.

Community Manager

Hey @ViTaL_C0D3R,

Sorry for any confusion about how this works.

To clarify, currently each EA Account can only have one of each platform linked to it in its lifetime. This means since you had a PSN linked to your EA Account, you won't be able to link any other PSN accounts to it in the future, even after unlinking the first account.

The 6 month cooldown is in relation to the PSN account itself. If you link that to a different EA Account after unlinking it from this one, you wouldn't be able to unlink it from that other account for 6 months.

In this particular case you'd only be able to re-link the same PSN account to this EA Account since that's the one that was already linked to it. If that original PSN account has already been linked to a different EA Account, that's where you'd run into the 6 month cooldown.

Thanks for the feedback on how this works currently, that's much appreciated. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (24,665 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ViTaL_C0D3R,

Sorry for any confusion about how this works.

To clarify, currently each EA Account can only have one of each platform linked to it in its lifetime. This means since you had a PSN linked to your EA Account, you won't be able to link any other PSN accounts to it in the future, even after unlinking the first account.

The 6 month cooldown is in relation to the PSN account itself. If you link that to a different EA Account after unlinking it from this one, you wouldn't be able to unlink it from that other account for 6 months.

In this particular case you'd only be able to re-link the same PSN account to this EA Account since that's the one that was already linked to it. If that original PSN account has already been linked to a different EA Account, that's where you'd run into the 6 month cooldown.

Thanks for the feedback on how this works currently, that's much appreciated. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 30 (24,666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is stupid, please change this wtf

Message 3 of 30 (24,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @daaaaazzz,

If you're running into this same situation now and need to change one PSN or other account linked to your EA Account, please reach out to an advisor so they can look into whether that's possible for you.
http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us

Mako.png
Message 4 of 30 (24,509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have just tried to solve this through Chat and they said the same thing, only one psn can be linked to one ea account in its lifetime.

Message 5 of 30 (24,506 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue - essentially I have two PSN Accounts (for some reason!), and I can find evidence of both of these accounts in my Gmail inbox. One is older (2014), and always annoys me as I can't delete it from my Playstation setup, as I can't log in to the PSN with that account (a whole difference issue). The EA Account, with the same gmail address, has been linked to the old account (say Account_A) but today I unlinked that to link it to my actual PSN account - and obviously ran into issues.

So I'm not basically locked out of playing any EA games (eg Madden) because:

a) On Account_A, I can't log in to the PSN - as the account no longer exists

b) On Account_B, I can't link the EA account to it.

I have tried ringing the helpdesk, but they kept answering that they can't link an EA account to another PSN account.

I don't have any other Email addresses I could set up an EA Account with - and nor should I have to for just this random rule which doesn't seem to have any particular reason.

Any help?

Message 6 of 30 (23,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @El_Marko_Lives,

Sorry for the confusion with this one. This is a fairly recent update changing what we've been able to do in the past, so that may have been missed by some.

We can help link a PSN account to your EA Account in certain situations. That's partly going to depend on whether or not the PSN account you'd like to use is linked elsewhere.

To take a look at that and try to get this linked to the correct account, I'm afraid you'll need to reach back out to an advisor. That is not something we're able to do on the forums at all, sorry.

Mako.png
Message 7 of 30 (23,294 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mako All done - thanks a lot!
Message 8 of 30 (23,281 Views)

Community Manager

@El_Marko_Lives Excellent, glad to hear it! 

Thanks for the update and enjoy your games. 

Mako.png
Message 9 of 30 (23,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me here. This is moronic. 

Message 10 of 30 (23,227 Views)