Only South Africa Applies & EA-Admin

by wongcung

Original Post

Only South Africa Applies & EA-Admin

★ Guide

If one of EA admins could sticky this for a short time, or some way to get attention to this. I was even thinking an Email to all SA players. No idea the rules.

The idea is to unify SA with several local clubs and make Bahrain servers home. I am hoping we can fill 100 clubs?

This will show our support for this game by numbers, motivating a local server. 

Lets do this.

Message 1 of 7 (298 Views)

Re: Only South Africa Applies & EA-Admin

★★ Pro

There is a petition on change.org for local servers. 

If you're serious about this maybe try to get in touch with the admin as he should have e-mail access to all the people who voted there. 

Message 2 of 7 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

100% agree broh, we should have our own servers.

Fact though, I sometimes wait 5 mins or more for a Bahrain server to fill up. There are 2.

What does this mean? This means the numbers playing apex, are low, very low for SA. Why would you connect 200 ping, if 140 is available as the first choice as you log in, as from late? The experience is 10 times better. (Not perfect or okay, but better)

That petition is 2 years old (signed it the first day already) but time to get over it and make the most of what we have. Sorry, not what any of us want to hear, but lets do Bahrain for now.

PS: Played with 2 talented Durban players yesterday. Great guys, the attitude was on par, team play was world-class.

Message 3 of 7 (270 Views)

★★ Pro

That's strange, I never waited longer than a minute for that lobby to fill up. But anyhow, the whole reason for the seemingly low SA playerbase is because most players have moved on already due to there not being a local server in the first place. People just got fed up with being an easy kill for someone with a ping of 30, including myself. The lag on those Bahrain servers (and others) have been terrible this season, unplayable really. So yeah, while a local server would be nice I'm not sure if it would actually make a difference, who knows? 

Message 4 of 7 (238 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

There is plans to make a ZA data centre guys, I honestly couldn't comment on what Bahraini data centre ping is like for you but your best bet is to just play our closest data centre in the meantime.

Unfortunately EA can't just click there fingers and make a new data centre appear, as they run off Google cloud servers and the infrastructure just isn't there currently.

You can find more plans for the ZA data centre with a quick Google search. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 7 (234 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Dude I've heard this being said a couple of times but I've never found anything about it on Google? All search results point mainly to Reddit about people asking for local servers.
Message 6 of 7 (224 Views)

Champion

@Sand_spitter  I read a pretty in depth article about it a while back, can't seem to find the bloody thing now though.  x.x

It mentioned Qatar also, which I see has been added to the official future cloud regions.  Perhaps there's been some beauracratic bs somewhere down the line that's delayed the rollout? 

Either way its certainly more of a Google issue than an EA issue, Apex can only run off the infrastructure available.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (216 Views)