One weapon only, that cool?

by SatheA

Original Post

One weapon only, that cool?

★ Guide

I mean this is a single player game about a Jedi, so it makes sense but it might be a little boring. Slowly developing Jedi forces whilst using guns in the meantime (Kyle Katarn) would be more interesting but that's just me. Oh and by the way are the blaster bolts extra slow to give our hero enough time to get the block up? I know it is hard enough to simulate fast Jedi senses without playing in perma slowmo. Things that could remedy that problem could be either a personal shield generator (as long as our hero's senses aren't fully developed) or auto slow motion (environment only) when under fire (passive ability).

Message 1 of 7 (821 Views)

Re: One weapon only, that cool?

★★★★★ Guide
@SatheA Probably wait and see?
I mean Sekiro has one weapon and it is considered God's gift by many.
And the deluxe edition's cover, a concept art and even Stig has hinted that we may have different lightsaber form or double bladed lightsaber.
Message 2 of 7 (790 Views)

★★★★ Pro

It looks reminiscent of The Force Unleashed games.  Those games played amazingly, so I'm all on board with only having a lightsaber to work with.  Hopefully they have some good combos to unlock like in Force Unleashed as well.

Message 3 of 7 (731 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unlikely. We are a lost Jedi. So it is unlikely we know how to craft a light sabre. But I would not be surprised if we have to use vibroblade. Since kal looks like a clumsy clutz.

so not be surprised if a large part of game is finding it 

Message 4 of 7 (700 Views)

★ Apprentice

The Force Unleashed combat I found was really bad. It didn't really have much skill and was more about just mashing buttons.

Jedi Knight on the other hand had really decent lightsaber combat.

From the videos it looks like Fallen Order will require more skill and you will have to plan your attack (I hope).

Message 5 of 7 (680 Views)

★★★ Guide

The problem with games with lightsaber type combat sequences, it can be difficult to do right, especially saber locks and parrying, it can be difficult to do those unless it is entirely script phases.

I honestly found the scripted events in Force Unleashed, the closest we will ever get to lightsaber combat, while the Jedi Knight was not so good at it, from experience, parrying was not a thing in that game, unless it was a button mashing event, which is pretty much scripted to require a button mashing event to win.

Message 6 of 7 (525 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@JamieK81 "I honestly found the scripted events in Force Unleashed, the closest we will ever get to lightsaber combat"

Are you kidding? Those QTEs were mostly about over the top force powers...

This is how it will look like in this game (at 3:58):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQveQKs5zpk
Though I think you can make it way more parry or dodge based, since only the red attacks can't be blocked.
I would bet a large amount of money that this will be closet to the movies so far...
Message 7 of 7 (506 Views)