Re: Once you link a wrong amazon account to your EA account you cant go back

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Once you link a wrong amazon account to your EA account you cant go back

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've linked the wrong Amazon account to my EA account, according to EA once you link an Amazon account to your EA account you cannot link a different amazon account to it. Meaning everything you've claimed has been lost. You would think that such a simple thing that happens to plenty of people would be so easy to fix but of-course as with a lot of things with EA its not the case and have got a ridiculous rule in place that it cant be done. I've now lost all my twitch prime packs cause of this and no-one can help me angry is a understatement. Not only this but half the advisors are rude and un-helpful and half the time don't know what they're talking about all they can do is post links, one even called me a liar lol. Surely I cant be the only one that's had this problem before? Anyone know a fix, if EA cared about its players that would be able to transfer the packs to your accounts directly, but they have and never will! 

Message 1 of 11 (3,579 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

You can find all the info @Eddyboy769 related to linking and unlinking your accounts in this help article:https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/link-your-ea-account-to-prime-gaming/#unlinking

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,519 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

You can find all the info @Eddyboy769 related to linking and unlinking your accounts in this help article:https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/link-your-ea-account-to-prime-gaming/#unlinking

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (3,520 Views)

★★★ Novice

Darko, if you read my post properly maybe you would be able to understand my problem! As per your website it states once you connect an Amazon prime account to your EA account, you cannot link a different Amazon prime to your EA account! Once again proof of EA not understanding  your problems and sending useless automated links that don’t help 👎🏼

Message 3 of 11 (3,485 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Eddyboy769 when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

I read your post and provided you with the best information we have related to your issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (3,480 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Darko, Thanks for the reply, but as you can imagine it’s frustrating to be sent the same link with information that doesn’t contain any benefit with fixing my specific issue! Especially when EA has confirmed the issue at present has no fix! 

Do you know if this something EA are working on at present to try and resolve?

Cheers

Message 5 of 11 (3,468 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Eddyboy769 I am not aware of any plans on changing how linking accounts works.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (3,466 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Darko,

This isn’t really changing how linking accounts works, this is more to do with a fix on if you link the wrong Amazon account to your EA account / the option of linking a different Amazon account to the one already connected.

Just by reading the forums can see it’s a common problem for quite a few people. 

Message 7 of 11 (3,445 Views)

Community Manager

As I said above @Eddyboy769 I am not aware of any plans to change how this works.

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (3,443 Views)

★ Novice

I wanted to change my amazon account linked to my EA account. If I didn't read the fine print I would have never been able to claim future BF2042 prime drops or any other origin game. I'm completely miffed. Hopefully EA changes this issue soon.

Message 9 of 11 (3,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly they won’t lol, it’s been happening since early 2021, It’s crazy because the more and more people get trapped into this, the more people will hate EA, in the long run EA will pay just watch. But for now they ride their money horse and don’t give any hoot about problems cause i’m the end they still profit. 

Message 10 of 11 (2,977 Views)