Re: Once You Reach Gold, You Should Never Get Demoted to Bronze

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@DarthValtrex Perhaps I have an unusual way of thinking but wouldn't allowing tier demotion increase camping? If I'm Plat 4 and I really don't want to drop down to gold I won't take any risks. I'll hug the sides of the map until I place decently just to avoid tier demotion.

I don't particularly care about rank so I'll dive any fight that I see but I'd camp more if I cared about ranking down.

I'm more in favor of rewarding talented players and boosting them up quickly. Separate the skilled from the weak.

Message 11 of 15 (189 Views)

Champion

Yeah good luck with this one guys.

Respawns super happy with their heavily flawed rank system, we're all just being whiny freeloaders as usual. ;p

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 15 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bosourdI think right now you're probably right. But give it another 5-6 days and the campers start creeping their way into Platinum. Once they reach platinum it becomes nearly impossible to gain RP.

I'm not talking about the people who are 2vs3 the entire match and need to camp.. More so the people who simply do not have the skill for the top lobbies. First unavoidable fight they get into they get downed and they struggle to break even 200 damage... It makes grinding ranked with randoms in the higher tier lobbies nearly impossible.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 15 (161 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The point of it is to encourage people to 'stay' because feeding them easy kills for a few days makes people think they're * awesome, when instead it's just * matchmaking.

Sucks if you legit play at that level lawl enjoy the instagibs

Message 14 of 15 (152 Views)

@Zamaha400 Sure if they keep placement RP the same as it is. But if placement RP was a KP Multiplier it wouldn't.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 15 (141 Views)