Re: Olympus is trash, can we have a map selector please!!!

by NolanGraysonnn

Original Post

Olympus is trash, can we have a map selector please!!!

★★★ Newbie

Olympus is 3rd party central because of these dumb tridents, why are vehicles a thing? Fortnite did the same thing and it was the beginning of the end for them, would hate to see the same thing happen to apex legends, and can we please get a map selector, I can't stand playing on olympus...

Message 1 of 12 (526 Views)

★★★★ Novice

from my experience the tridents are extremely dangerours that should only be used as a last resort to reach the ring. theyre super loud and if enemy shoots the trident, everyone on it takes damage. i would never use that thing to third party someone because ill get rekt before even reach them

Message 2 of 12 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nickneely3964 I try to have fun with all the maps, I have favorites sure. But I really try to make the best of each map and have fun with them.

It gets a bit old playing the same map over and over, so it's nice to be able to have some variation.

@erthaccont232 I spectated a team running around in 3 tridents dominating people it was insane. Really unique game play and it was effective

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 12 (476 Views)

★ Expert

@nickneely3964 If there's a one map that has 3rd partying as a main feature for sure it's not Olympus lol, KC is. I'm not seeing people on tridents too much tbh. The 3rd partying is much more controllable, while on KC if you start a fight you find immediately 2 other squads joining the party. The main issue of Olympus is the open areas with no cover meaning instant dead if you're being sniped by someone. 

Message 4 of 12 (459 Views)

★★★ Expert
@nickneely3964 There are a ton of people who love Olympus and its Tridents, myself included. Also, Fortnite is doing well, so it would actually be cool for Apex to reach similar numbers, because that would increase the chance of getting map choice. We don't have the possibility to select right now because this would split the playerbase, increasing queue times and making the skill based matchmaking less effective.

@erthaccont232 not really.

Once,I was running away from a team that killed my teammates (which of course left the match as well). Ran straight into another team coming on a Trident. They jumped off and drew their guns to end me, but I instantly threw a dome on the trident and jumped on it, then boosted out of there immediately, going past my initial pursuers as well. Was one of the funniest escapes I did and helped me survive until the top 2-3.

Another time, my team was caught between the storm and 2 enemy teams,with the only option of running out in the open through those teams, to make it into the next ring. Luckily, we found a Trident and blasted through those teams, who not only failed to do significant damage to us, but also ran into each other when coming out to pursue or shoot our vehicle some more. If I remember correctly, we went back for an easy cleaning and a win afterwards.

Therefore, I'd say that Tridents are an awesome addition and can be very useful for survival and rotation.
Message 5 of 12 (455 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Sounds interesting, can you say more about 3 trident tactic?
Message 6 of 12 (452 Views)

★★★ Pro
@nickneely3964 I wouldn't say Olympus is 3rd party central at all. If anything out of all 3 of them maps I would say it's the most balanced and this is coming from me, who grinds ranked.

My favourite map is KC, not the Caustic version we just had but overall KC gets my vote.

I do think all three maps should be on rotation through pubs.
Message 7 of 12 (435 Views)

Hero

Tridents are the life safer of olympis itself. It sucks to loot half a game trying to find people. I have had games in pc lobbies where im the last squad and round 2 is here. To have to balloon or run across the map. If not for tridents that map would just be even duller. I hate the map myself. But tridents are the only thing to me that makes that map fun as I can actually speed up to shooting verse slugging away on feet or balloons. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 12 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@nickneely3964

Why, isn't 3rd party as likely if not more on K.C.? and W.E.?

EDIT: It is a rhetorical question.

Message 9 of 12 (398 Views)

★★★ Pro
@E9ine_AC I would agree with you that sometimes you do have to search a long while before you find a team but in Ranked (I know you play Ranked too) I don't really find it like this?

I definitely find pubs on Olympus easier to find people compared to World's Edge.
Message 10 of 12 (355 Views)