Re: Olympus Architecture

by Lord_Scorpion34

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Olympus Architecture

★★★★★ Expert

Can someone start building houses like this IRL already!? I would def live in these houses!

Message 1 of 12 (858 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34... So you want to live in a house where sometimes no door is present and where you have to climb to get to the second floor? xD

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (842 Views)

All Replies

@Lord_Scorpion34 Sure you can build a home like that. Buy a piece of land, hire a developer and have them build it! It will cost a fortune in the US, at least in my area.

I don't think they are for me. I like the craftsman style homes and older homes built from about 1900-1940. I like the character old homes have.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 12 (853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34... So you want to live in a house where sometimes no door is present and where you have to climb to get to the second floor? xD

Message 3 of 12 (843 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q acceptingas a solution was an accident 😅. I mean the overall shape of the houses lol . Obviously every home would have a door lol. Also sliding doors would make more sense with the modern look of these houses.

@DarthValtrex I've actually come to the conclusion that I want to build my own house. 1. It would be built exactly how I want & wouldn't have to spend money on remodeling anything. 2. Would save money in the long run due to being more energy efficient. Wood homes are outdated. In order to get the most energy efficiency out of your home it should steel framed or concrete. IMO we're very behind in the times on many things including home construction. I get wood homes are cheaper to construct, but you're also paying more in energy bills vs what I mentioned above. I'm just saying, whoever designed the homes in Olympus should also consider a side job in architecture lol.
Message 4 of 12 (829 Views)

@Lord_Scorpion34 Well, I think you'll find that building a new home especially a custom home is much more expensive than building something on a tract or buying something already built. That's how it is in CA, 1/2 acre piece of property will run $300,000+ in my town.. Then to actually build let's say a 2000sf home you'd be looking at another $700k probably more. Custom homes are insanely expensive to build because everything is custom.. It's not like the company that makes the frame can build 50+ of the same frame.. They have to make 1 custom frame.

vs you can buy an existing 2000sf home for maybe $330-500k depending on location, how nice it is and so on.

Good luck on the dream though! You might be able to do it some day if ya work at it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 12 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 Lolz I figured you meant that. I’ve seen such houses before tho. I think they were unique northern homes.

I’ve seen the most crazy-looking custom build homes or even ‘treehouses’ that you can think of so these designs while looking nice pale in comparison.

But yea, like Darth says, it’ll run you a pretty penny. But at least that’s better than spending it on apex xD
Message 6 of 12 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex You can use an existing floor plan which would reduce the cost. Custom doesn't exactly have to mean all the way from scratch. Yeah Cali is just expensive in general lol. I know a couple people who live out there & housing prices are insane! A lot of people move here to the Midwest because of that.
Message 7 of 12 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I found some that are actually making something like them lol!

Message 8 of 12 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lord_Scorpion34These type homes already exist in other countries. Most likely modeled from them. Just google weird shaped homes you will see quite bit of them from other countries.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 12 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 Saw an article about a building (a store) that looked like the bottom one and ppl were amazed these buildings exist...

People are so... terrestrial. They only go by what they’ve seen so knowing these buildings already existed should come as no shock. I’ve seen much weirder but cooler looking buildings
Message 10 of 12 (565 Views)