Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Okay, that's 3 times now I've tried to play freeplay

by donotwantt

Original Post

★★★ Guide

So far today:. 2 X Lego missions, 2 X Lego contracts, 1 X HoR.  All at GM1.  Never saw an expedition screen.  I managed to get into a regular contract (for me, it loads faster than Freeplay) and then leave successfully so I could clear my backpack.  Otherwise, pilot error crashes like crazy,  plus a restart.

As of yesterday (I try to play daily), I seem to be getting a constant "Connection Problem unknown error" popping up quite a bit.  It will go away and doesn't seem to affect anything, but it comes up about once every 5-10 minutes.  I checked everything on my end and it's status quo.

Meh.

Message 11 of 17 (119 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've been having the same issues since this last patch. (PS4)....They keep trying to tell me that it's on my end but every other online game I play runs perfectly fine.

I log into freeplay and my Javelins colors are all messed up or I'm missing my head.

I can't even log into the game half the time without getting kicked.

It's gotten beyond frustrating.....I'm about ready to give up

Maybe in a few months.  I didn't want to leave the game because I absolutely love it during the 40% of the time I actually can play it.

Message 12 of 17 (97 Views)

Champion

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

I suspect it's venting due to frustration.  If OP is the same as everyone else, they have already tried everything.  

I can't remember what the seven stages of grief are, but I'm at "acceptance".  I haven't hit "hope".  I'm more at "apathy".  No point getting angry anymore.  Nothing will get done.  Kind of like Fallout 3 Gold Edition.  You just lived with it.

For those who have no pilot errors, etc, I am happy for you.  You are truly the blessed.  As for the rest of us, stronger together lmao.

I don’t know about the OP specifically, but if they’re like most people, they’ll walk all the way to the IT office in a different building to complain their PC isn’t working, only to discover that the power cable was unplugged.

I’ve been having the Pilot Data Error on and off, and lately I have noticed that it seems to correlate with running low on free space on the C:\ drive (which for me is the SSD the game is installed on, and also the drive where all the videos are saved to by default). Note that for Windows 10, anything below 40-50GB is technically “running low on free space.” It likely has to do with memory page swapping when the system doesn’t have sufficient RAM available. It’s probably even worse when C:\ is an HDD.

So yea, they may fix it on their end somehow eventually, but in the meantime you could try clearing your system drive and see if that helps.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 13 of 17 (88 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

What are your system specs? How much free space do you have on your C:\ drive? How long does it take to load into the game when it does happen? Saying “fix your ****” doesn’t help anyone fix anything, and it could be a case of you needing to fix some **** on your end.

You're actually the worst poster on the entire board, even pinkie contributes more meaningful content than you, keel it up and you're going on ignore. Your hyper aggressive attitude isn't helpful and you never have anything good to say or add

I was going to play free play the other day, loaded in, played for 3 entire seconds before the game froze and I just powered it down and decided to do literally anything else.

Message 14 of 17 (79 Views)

★★★ Guide

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Screw this I'm getting into the tequila.  One shot per pilot error should do it.

Message 15 of 17 (75 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Screw this I'm getting into the tequila.  One shot per pilot error should do it.

*waves goodbye to Jonny* 

Alcohol poisoning is terrible, nobody should go out that way.

Message 16 of 17 (70 Views)

Champion

@donotwantt wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

What are your system specs? How much free space do you have on your C:\ drive? How long does it take to load into the game when it does happen? Saying “fix your ****” doesn’t help anyone fix anything, and it could be a case of you needing to fix some **** on your end.

You're actually the worst poster on the entire board, even pinkie contributes more meaningful content than you, keel it up and you're going on ignore. Your hyper aggressive attitude isn't helpful and you never have anything good to say or add

I was going to play free play the other day, loaded in, played for 3 entire seconds before the game froze and I just powered it down and decided to do literally anything else.

I’m just trying to make suggestions that might actually result in something helpful. You know, like check if the issue isn’t on your end. Or provide as much information as you can, to increase the chances the issue actually gets resolved. As a general rule, developers need to be able to reliably reproduce the problem on their own machine or in some sort of test environment before they can look at what’s going on in detail and figure out how to fix it. They don’t just stare at hundreds of lines of code across dozens of various modules until it behaves.

But apparently that’s hyper aggressive. What would be a better thing to say or add? Something along the lines of “this game is broken beyond repair and EA should just shut it down along with Bioware and give everyone a refund”? That would be friendly and helpful, right?

Yea ok I think I’m done.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 17 of 17 (41 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help