Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Okay, that's 3 times now I've tried to play freeplay

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Okay, that's 3 times now I've tried to play freeplay

★★★★★ Apprentice

And I've only been able to actually play once.  You guy's gotta figure your * out for * sake.  * this goddamned *.

Message 1 of 17 (284 Views)

@EfilsGod wrote:

And I've only been able to actually play once.  You guy's gotta figure your * out for * sake.  * this goddamned *.

What's the problem exactly? Oops

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 17 (273 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The Devs don't come here anymore, we basically just talk amongst ourselves now.

They should rename these forums Ravenholm.

Message 3 of 17 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@EfilsGod wrote:

Well, when i load into freeplay, the loading screen keeps getting almost all the way done and then kicks me out to the frostbite screen.

Message 4 of 17 (263 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EfilsGod wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@EfilsGod wrote:

Well, when i load into freeplay, the loading screen keeps getting almost all the way done and then kicks me out to the frostbite screen.

Welcome to the club.

I have this issue since release and not even tech support had any ideas to fix it.

Message 5 of 17 (229 Views)

★★★ Guide

Some days it's definitely worse than others.  I'm getting kicked a fair bit today.  It's taken several tries just to get to an expedition screen so I can clear my backpack.

Message 6 of 17 (219 Views)

Champion

What are your system specs? How much free space do you have on your C:\ drive? How long does it take to load into the game when it does happen? Saying “fix your ****” doesn’t help anyone fix anything, and it could be a case of you needing to fix some **** on your end.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 7 of 17 (214 Views)

★★★ Guide

I suspect it's venting due to frustration.  If OP is the same as everyone else, they have already tried everything.  

I can't remember what the seven stages of grief are, but I'm at "acceptance".  I haven't hit "hope".  I'm more at "apathy".  No point getting angry anymore.  Nothing will get done.  Kind of like Fallout 3 Gold Edition.  You just lived with it.

For those who have no pilot errors, etc, I am happy for you.  You are truly the blessed.  As for the rest of us, stronger together lmao.

Message 8 of 17 (207 Views)
Highlighted

Sadly, I think his rig has less to do with it than the latest patch(or 2) by Bioware.  I have had pretty good times getting into games until the last patch.  Before the last patch, I would get a "can't find pilot error" about a third of the times, but since then I haven't played much cause of game issues.  As an example, yesterday I logged in to play, got booted by can't find pilot error, logged back in, got to freeplay, and in first encounter got a green screen system freeze which required a reboot of my rig, and the third time I got in, I managed to play about 10 minutes and game crashed to desktop....I quit for the day(s).  Up until the last patch, the game was pretty stable, meaning maybe a crash during a week or two of play, and only some pilot error, but that changed last patch.  Add in the abysmal loot drops that I get, and it is hard to want to play the game right now....will probably wait for next hotfix or patch and see what's what.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 17 (200 Views)

Champion

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

I suspect it's venting due to frustration.  If OP is the same as everyone else, they have already tried everything.  

I can't remember what the seven stages of grief are, but I'm at "acceptance".  I haven't hit "hope".  I'm more at "apathy".  No point getting angry anymore.  Nothing will get done.  Kind of like Fallout 3 Gold Edition.  You just lived with it.

For those who have no pilot errors, etc, I am happy for you.  You are truly the blessed.  As for the rest of us, stronger together lmao.

I seldom agree with you, but this time you made me laugh, and I mean in a good way!

I've been one of the blessed when it comes to Anthem, yet I know frustration from other games.

I've got enough hope for both of us.

I do hope everybody's problems with this game will get sorted out rather sooner than later.

And I honestly believe the devs are working on it. 

Stronger together!

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 10 of 17 (196 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help