Re: Ok, please hear me out, it’s been 3 years of Apex

by Xubunnytwo

Original Post

Ok, please hear me out, it’s been 3 years of Apex

★★★ Pro

Apex for boring, same top legends since two years ago, still Pathfinder, Gibby, Caustic, Wraith, Octane.

Stop nerfing old ones to make room for new ones, instead make better new legends, other than Watson and Valk, the rest where kinda disaster. How many are taking NC, Rampart, Seer, Fuse, etc? 

Then it’s maps, same KC map since 2019, I mean… are kidding me?! Let me guess next season at the end of 2022 we probably have KC with a tiny new spot on the north east, right?
Have you checked YouTube or Twitter poles? Many people stopped playing this or just playing randomly a few modes like Control.

All you focused on is how legends represent all cultures and sextualities and you completely forget the main point of why players are enjoying a game.

Message 1 of 6 (337 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Alphabets

Agree: game does not need new legends, and old legends need attention.

Disagree: King's is not the same map it was at launch, and it is not the only map in the game. Rumor mill says a fifth map is on the way?

Agree/Disagree: population has suffered this season from some season-specific issues, but those will be addressed. And overall the game is still a money maker for EA. Lots and lots of money. Some players leave, others arrive. Apex is far from dead. Too much money at stake to let it die.

Agree/Disagree: I wouldn't say that they have "forgotten" the main point of the game. I'd say they spend a lot of time changing some things for the better, changing a lot of things merely for the sake of change, and failing miserably to address some problems that need their attention. But the political correctness, if you want to call it that, is not the problem or even intended to draw attention away from real problems, imo. Not even sure why you'd bother to call it out.

Overall I'm not sure if you're legitimately criticizing the direction of the game, or are just bored of something you've been playing for three years.
Message 2 of 6 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I agree with apex becoming boring but you’re blaming the wrong reasons here man. As I’ve said in another post, I don’t really get why people are so up against equal representation of cultures and sexualities in this game as if Respawn offended them. Blame the slow fixes, the lack of communication and the slow output of content but you’re pointing at the wrong reasons.

I don’t mean it if this comes out rude but was this thread written in like season 9? LOL. KC is not even in rotation right now and almost 1/3 of the map will be changed next season. Are you referring to the first list of legends as the most picked legends because Gibby and Caustic are not in the top picked and Seer is better picked now not only pubs but also in the ALGS. No mention of Horizon being one of top picked legends or Fuse, Ash and Loba being in the top half picked?

Message 3 of 6 (295 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I know everyone does NOT play on Steam, but if you use Steam Charts as networks used the Nielsen rating service, you can see the loss and gain by percentiles.  One must assume these percentiles are global for the entire game and not just people who play on Steam.  Nielsen uses metrics based on selected viewers and their rating system has been used since the 1950 to approve, continue, and cancel TV series.

Looking at the page on Steam Charts for Apex Legends, the most impressive gains for Apex seem to be in February of 2021 and 2022.  While the two summer months of June and July show the most losses.  The simplest logic here, February is cold and people are huddling their PC for warmth and playing these mindless shooters.  June and July people tend to go outside and do stuff. This is just a typical game population cycle.  You can even compare it with PubG and other games on there to see how they seem to cycle together.

A lot also depends on advertisements, new modules, and other games being available.  I recall a character from a TV sitcom once said, "Look at this product it says, New and Improved.  Does that make their former product Old and Lousy?"  Words to think about. 

Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Xubunnytwo Feb is Apex’s anniversary month hence the increase players and they usually give out a lot of free stuff by playing.
Message 5 of 6 (254 Views)

Champion
@Xubunnytwo I totally agree play goes down in the summer months but the recent drop off has been pretty drastic. And ranked play is a lot less than it's been previously.
Message 6 of 6 (200 Views)