Ok dice this isn’t funny anymore. Fix the hero bugs

by LemonConsumption

Original Post

Ok dice this isn’t funny anymore. Fix the hero bugs

This is the third time I’ve made a thread about these bugs because they are seriously annoying me and honestly tempting me to quit the game, especially the darth maul bugs, there’s also some balancing changes we need too:
- passionate strike being completely useless as it’s damage is less than a regular strike

- heroic might damage reduction not working so you die before the animation finishes (also CC immunity not working is a problem)

- retribution damage reduction not working so you die before the animation finishes

- darth mauls abilities being greyed out for no reason

- darth maul not being able to block after using spin attack if you hold block during the animation

- darth maul being able to get ragdolled and shot while throwing his lightsaber even though darth Vader is immune

- grevious claw rush being a death machine (best solution is adding ragdoll immunity after being ragdolled Once for a few seconds)

- unrelenting advance hit detection and movement is awful (allow players to control his direction by looking rather than than movement key)

- maul spin attack and choke hold hit detection

- yodas presence not buffing teammates around him

Message 1 of 12 (1,327 Views)

Re: Ok dice this isn’t funny anymore. Fix the hero bugs

★★ Apprentice
@LemonConsumption I hate to tell you this but.. they do not support this game anymore, hence the bugs will most likely never be adressed and fixed.. sorry my guy! :/
Message 2 of 12 (1,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@LemonConsumption 
Hello There!

BUG Hunter and Day 1 Player here. This is what you must read about your complaint, so to make it easier to understand why this is just a waste of time:

•      Passionate Strikes deals more damage then a regular swing, even if you're using Massive Strikes Star Card (unless while using that card you hit from behind, then and only then will you hit for more damage then Passionate Strike). But don't use Massive Strikes, it increases all Stamina Costs, unlike what's written in the card, so it isn't worth it. However, I agree Passionate Strike is useless, not for the damage, but for how hard it is to hit with it, while leaving Anakin severely exposed for quite a lengthy animation time;
  •      Damage Reduction works, just not for the entire animation of these abilities. CC immunity as well. This changed in 2019, and devs haven't spoken a word about this;
  •      Same as above, probably both due to the same issue;
  •      A BUG they could never entirely fix. I remember the old 2017 days when this happened a lot, and Palpatine was very good at making enemies enter this buggy state. Also, devs haven't spoken a word about this issue resurfacing recently (they had dealt with the first iteration of this BUG, but it came back);
  •      This one was stated a known issue, and then fixed. We can see that's not the case;
  •      This is working as intended. Vader is also prone to this. If you tried to ragdoll a throwing Vader and that didn't work, then if you rule out your ability not registering the ragdoll effect (which happens sometimes), then it was definitely Vader blocking your ability because since they gave Vader the Super Choke not long ago, he learned to Block attacks while he throws his saber. And as usual, devs have remained silent about this one too;
  •      I agree, but Guillaume, the Hero Designer, who is notoriously known by completely and utterly breaking Palpatine's Chain Lightning to the point it didn't work at all while stating to us he had Fixed Palpatine, to then break Palpatine again so much that he had to be killswitched from the game server side, and also to wrongly check Vader's Damage Received percentage and mix it with Damage Reduction while many players tried to warn him he was making a mistake but he went on anyway just to embarrass himself, he made that major change to the game knowing he wouldn't be able to fix all the issues he made with it because he wouldn't be working on this anymore, and his test crew, which are us the players not their QA team, wouldn't have enough time to show him the flaws so he could take months or years to fix;
  •      Good point here, but devs have also remained silent about this;
  •      I made a comprehensive thread and video about this Spin Attack issue just so devs could completely ignore it. Choke Hold hit detection IMO is more akin to the unreliability of any force power, rather then a specific issue like Spin Attack has. This Spin Attack issue has been going on for a good while now.
  •      I also made a comprehensive thread and video about this issue so devs could ignore it. Another issue that has been going on for quite a while.

It's a good thing they haven't deleted any of your 3 lists, because that's what used to happen to me in the main forum whenever I listed the hundreds of BUGs this game has. Maybe because now they just don't care anymore. The game's development is dead. They promised us they would still fix things, but it's clear they have no intentions of putting people to work on this or torelease any further updates. And without updates, they can't patch our version of the game, which means 90%+ of the issues can't be solved.

In Summary: I have made a lot of things concerning BUGs, be it lists, detailed explanations, reports here in AHQ, comprehensive workarounds, recording footage, editing videos so to showcase the issues better. All this since not long after the game was released. And I can say, despite the community telling me a lot of my work helped them deal with the issues in this game and made it more enjoyable to them, to the devs and to the development of this game, most of what I made was useless. Sure some things helped them, but devs were never committed with truly polishing this game. They opted for content and stunning visuals, that's where their focus went. I assume it was due to the launch fiasco and EA being tough with them, but that doesn't excuse them from some very bad bugfixing methods, and many misinformation in patch notes. This team may have started with lots of desire to make this a good game, but that was definitely nowhere to be found just a few moments before launch, and may explain why they seemed so careless with the product they were working on throughout these more then 2 years.

And now they all moved on to make the next Battlefield not suck, because they managed to make both Battlefront II and Battlefield V 2 fiascos

Message 3 of 12 (1,186 Views)

@RogueZeroRendar Yeah it really is a shame they won’t even continue bug fixes, I’ve been playing the game since February 2019 and pre February 2020 the game seemed mostly bug free but now these bugs have just been plaguing the game since the age of rebellion
Message 4 of 12 (1,170 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Friendly vehicles showing as enemy fire on radar is a classic example of their ability to ignore bugs. Day one issue, never acknowledged. I assume it was just too hard to fix, so they just didn't bother trying.

Message 5 of 12 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LemonConsumption Lol, they're not fixing any more bugs at this time. I'm afraid your wasting your time with making these threads.
Message 6 of 12 (1,068 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Game is over, play it for what it is or quit. They already have your money.

Message 7 of 12 (994 Views)

★ Guide

@BullittGT350 

Not to quote Princess Leia but, "If money is all you love, then that's what you'll receive."

Also "Their desire to make money is their weakness, their ability not to listen to their players is their downfall." 

All the best 

Message 8 of 12 (971 Views)

Champion

What about getting randomly ragdolled even though you're blocking 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 12 (894 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LemonConsumption this is a problem that needs to be fix maul is very unusable now
Message 10 of 12 (777 Views)