Ok EA

★★★ Newbie
Will EA every do mlb or another College game
Message 1 of 3 (415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ok EA

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @jonboy7677 

We know how passionate our fans are, but sadly there are currently no plans to bring this title back. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (472 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @jonboy7677 

We know how passionate our fans are, but sadly there are currently no plans to bring this title back. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 3 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jonboy7677  it depends on the possibility of another licensing deal. The sports games are now quite expensive, due to the license fees that a company should pay in our days. So anyone doing a sports videogame needs to be pretty sure that they will actually have a profit and not a loss. 

From what i recall MLB has their own video games developing company, their series being called R.B.I. Baseball. Sony is another company that can use the license, but that is only on the PS4. And there is the Out of the Park Baseball series, which is a baseball management series. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more sports title disappear, as the licensing fees are increasingly expensive. I could probably live without the real players name and appearances, as some of us are playing for fun and not because there is team x or player y or stadium z in those. But some people are bent on having those, without understanding that the costs for a sports videogame skyrocketed in the past 10 years.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 3 (370 Views)