Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Off the wall things I found in the game...

by cannyjack

Original Post

Off the wall things I found in the game...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes, we all had issues with this Demo. Rather than post yet another "I hate EA, I want my money back" message (I was using a Friends' Code), here are some things I found in the game that weren't expected.

1)  If you hit or shoot the small canisters, they go boom and shoot into the sky and land nearby.  They are suppose(?) to be cannisters of some sort of gas...propane?

2)  If you hit, stomp or shoot the various pots laying around, sometimes they hold Health, Shield, or Ammo icons.

3)  You'll get a nasty message/voice over if you shoot the cute Grabbits.

4)  You DON'T have to shoot the Giant Eggs (forget the mob name).  You can Run Through Them at Speed (getting a bunch at once) and/or Jump Down Upon Them (often destroying adjacent ones).  You don't have to waste your ammo on them...well, unless they are during a Mission and then it is best to destroy the eggs at a distance than let it hatch a mob! -)

5)  There is Only 1 hidden entrance behind a waterfall...and it is a special Entrance...especially as an Exit!   I though "things behind the waterfall" is a meme that needs to continue in games! >.<

6)  NPCs in the Fort often change their lines if they talk to each other.  I always make the rounds to hear what is the new bit of gossip/news from these NPCs.

7)  The NPCs with which you will have a conversation...show up on the Fort's map as "2 dialog bubbles".  I check my map every time I return to the Fort.

8)  If you are Exploring the Deep Water pools, resurface for 2 seconds resets your breath meter.  I used this a lot while testing/changing Swimming mouse input settings and seeing the change.

9)  Vanity/Cosmetic items take in-game coins.  I don't know how I increased my purse of coins....there was no place to sell my extra items.  The Vault would allow me to salvage them..getting components.  Sometimes I would return from a Quickplay Mission and be 10 coins richer, sometimes not.

10)  Each test phase (Alpha, VIP) have so far opened up new/different areas of the map and closes other previous opened areas.  I tried to find areas where I reported bugs (to see if they were fixed...this is called "Regression Testing") but could't get there....they are now out-of-bounds.  Although TWICE I could zoom into the old area and pick up a "Geography Bubble" for my Journal before it ported me out.

11)  A lot of miscellaneous letters and other Lore are spread out around the world.  Although some are found in abandoned camps, some are just lying where there may have been a big battle.

12)  There are these "short sword-shaped" objects lying here and there...sometimes in camps.  They give between 25 to 150 XP for picking them up.  They don't have descriptions.

A nice even Dozen of things I found.  Those are mine so far, what are yours?

TQQdles™

Message 1 of 19 (367 Views)

★★★ Guide

To point #9; you found your coins as pick ups from killing enemies. I noticed very quickly though I stopped finding coin so there must have been an in game max drop limit. 

Message 2 of 19 (350 Views)

Community Manager

On number 1) if you hit the beside the enemy the add extra damaged to them some freeze, some add acid damaged on the monsters. Standard smile

/Atic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. :eahigh_file: 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 19 (337 Views)

★★★★ Novice

coins were a reward for completing certain challenges and paid out usually 5 or 10 per. I believe these could only be completed once, though I'm not 100%.

--Many in-game lore pickups have a little golden circle around them that glows, which is helpful when looking for them while flying around. They were really cool to read Standard smile Some of them didn't seem to do anything though.. not sure if this was intended in the demo to reduce spoilers or something but I noticed it nonetheless.

Message 4 of 19 (336 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DolnorNumbwit wrote:

3)  You'll get a nasty message/voice over if you shoot the cute Grabbits.

With regard to #3, I didn't get any voice over message for killing many a grabbit. I just shot them and they fell down.

Related to that, I don't recall any of the enemies making any noises at all - they were all completely silent except the sound of their guns or various spit attacks. Maybe I was suffering a sound glitch?

Message 5 of 19 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The best Javelin I could devise.  The color selection was perfect.  Hopefully I'll be more stealthy in the Open Demo with this outfit? -)

Hidden Discoveries to Find

TQQldes™

Message 6 of 19 (281 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Updside Down Map with Runes

TQQdles™

Message 7 of 19 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Runes To Decipher!!! -)

TQQdles™

Message 8 of 19 (261 Views)

★★ Guide

@DolnorNumbwit  how did you zoom into the map? Where is the waterfall, I tried flying thru everyone I came across, just hit walls so I stop trying. 

Message 9 of 19 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Syruponbutter wrote:

@DolnorNumbwit  how did you zoom into the map? Where is the waterfall, I tried flying thru everyone I came across, just hit walls so I stop trying. 

I play on PC and my Origin name is DolnorNumbwit.  I can show you BUT... If anyone tries to add me to their Origin Friends' (asking to be friends) and I don't know who you are, I will decline.  Send me a forum private message and I'll can add you.

The waterfall is part of a deep pool.  I used the pool to adjust my swimming mouse control settings.  Then used the exit to test my mouse flying control settings...it took 20 minutes and was a joy, every time, becase of the feature!

For the map?  You mean the image screenshot?

1) I loaded it into MS Paint, use the CTRL MouseWheel to zoom in and used the Edit tool to cut out what I needed.

2) Pasted the selection into a new image, increased the canvas size a lot, used the Resize tool to enlarge the selection. 

NOTE:  Paint doesn't do what I want and I don't want to LEARN a new program (I'm not that serious about image manipulation)

3) So I use an old version (1997) of Paint Shop Pro to adjust the "Highlight/Mid-Tones" to lighten the image and reveal the selection.

TQQdles™

P.s. I am stuck in Verbose-mode.  My forum (The Older Gamers) title is "Bane of Crickets" for a reason! -)

Message 10 of 19 (207 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help