Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Odd Superstitious Luck Behaviours

by 1985_Knightmare

Original Post

Highlighted

Odd Superstitious Luck Behaviours

★★ Apprentice

I havnt seen a topic on this so I thought I’d start one just to see what kinds of things others are doing in anthem.

I’m sure I’m not the only one that has a pre game ritual to perform and believe that it actually influences my luck when it comes to legendary drops.

Before every Freeplay or stronghold I go into I always enter the forge and unequip my luck items, exit the forge, then reenter and equip them again. For some unknown reason every time I do this I seem to be extremely lucky with legendary drops and they rain down upon me. A few freelancers I’ve played with have noticed this works for me and have also tried it with the same result of raining legendaries. I know this probably doesn’t effect anything but it seems to work for me.

So now I’m curious as to what other kinds of things freelancers do out there that you believe raises your chance at getting legendaries to drop for you?

im running 88 luck before someone asks.

Message 1 of 7 (132 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Odd Superstitious Luck Behaviours

★★★ Apprentice

I run 83% to 108% luck depending on which javelin and I usually see 1-2 legendaries per 10 hours of game play. I reckon sacrificing a virgin at midnight on the new moon would help, but virgins are just too hard to find nowadays so I haven't tested that out.

Message 2 of 7 (102 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Ironically, I got all mu legendaries before I even saw a item with the luck stat ON it. I havent really seen an uptick in the quality of drops even stacking at 88% luck

Message 3 of 7 (94 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm running about 90% luck, 200 hours in the game, and only have 4 legendaries.  Either I am not very lucky, the luck system is a wast of time, or there is a certain pattern that you guys do in the game that i should be doing.

Message 4 of 7 (93 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

I don't use the launch bay. All sort of bad stuff happens after I use the launch bay.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 5 of 7 (88 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@corpseaplenty wrote:

I'm running about 90% luck, 200 hours in the game, and only have 4 legendaries.  Either I am not very lucky, the luck system is a wast of time, or there is a certain pattern that you guys do in the game that i should be doing.

I been mostly running Tyrant Mines on GM1 (Apparently havent unlocked the harder contracts yet, I have some contracts offered but they dont guarantee masterworks that Ive seen) and doing missions also on GM1, I have 5 legendaries over the past 3 days, before I started stacking luck today, so we'll see

Message 6 of 7 (87 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@corpseaplenty wrote:

There are times I wonder the same.

But I've had good days, and then I've had a lot of bad days doing just the same stuff with identical loadout.

We've had days where a friend and I alternated in opening chests because it seemed like our luck was working for the one standing by.

It's not that likely to roll a 1 on a D20 but I'll manage at every inconvenient moment Wink

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 7 of 7 (82 Views)
Twitter Stream