Octane & Revenant Glitch

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Octane & Revenant Glitch

★★★ Pro

Right so I've started to see loads and loads of people picking Octane & Rev in their teams in ranked all of a sudden... 

... at first I thought it was just pot luck but boy was I wrong! 

I play on PS4, and there's now this mental bug that basically when you got into Rev's Ult, put down Octanes jump pad and you make NO noise when jumping or flying through the air. 

Me and my teammates have been killed by this so many times and it's unfair. It's not 'cheating' but it's using advantage of an in game exploit right now and it needs to be stopped. 

PS: Sorry if anyone has made a thread about this, I haven't seen one. 

Message 1 of 18 (984 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Octane & Revenant Glitch

★★ Novice

if you guys haven’t seen or experienced the flying V rev/octane push, it’s disgusting. they need to fix the audio it’s terrifying man😂

View in thread

Message 13 of 18 (1,311 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

and you don't hear Rev's ult?
If enemy team is able to kill you this way, it means that they spotted you first and you had no idea that they are pushing.
Maybe you should watch around more often?

Message 2 of 18 (977 Views)

Champion
@rockyboy1998 I watch Rogue and the highest level players have been doing it for a bit now. Rogues team doesnt do it and kill those teams pretty easily but they are fairly passive only fighting when they know they should.

Rogues team tried trolling the ALGS lobby with the rev octane caustic setup and it didnt work sunday.
Message 3 of 18 (969 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SlivPTS You’ve completely missed my point, when they are in the form you cannot hear any of them use a jump pad and there is no noise when they fly through the air!
Message 4 of 18 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@rockyboy1998
but you can hear Rev's ult from far distance.
and if you spotted them first then they don't have any advantage from jumping on you.

Message 5 of 18 (951 Views)

★ Expert
@rockyboy1998 does it only work with Octane and Rev ult? cause I spectated my teammate Horizon use and there was no sound too. I thought it was just an audio bug for spectators.
Message 6 of 18 (948 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SlivPTS Again bro you’ve missed my point, you can hear the Ult go down if you are near it, but if they use it and then jump on the jump pad there is no audio when they take the jump pad and are flying through the air.
Message 7 of 18 (930 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Daze623 It’s the duo, so if you have a Rev & Octanes pad, when they use the pad and are flying through the air there is no sound they can practically sneak up in silence. It’s a killer for 3rd parties.
Message 8 of 18 (928 Views)

★ Pro
@rockyboy1998
But it's not exploit, nor glitch.
It's just one more tactic. Same as it was with wraith's portal. Yes, with Octane's jump pad is less sound.

You say it's a problem. Your suggestions on how to fix/improve situation?

You want louder sound when jump on jump pads? sound when players move faster in air? Lauder sound when under Rev's ult?
Message 9 of 18 (922 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SlivPTS No, it’s a glitch. There is ZERO sounds when in revenant form and jumping on a jump pad. There is also ZERO sound when you are flying through the air.

It never used to be like this.

I think you are still missing my point.
Message 10 of 18 (912 Views)