Obvious Cheating, ZERO Consequences (continued)

by DANE069__8kldcl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Obvious Cheating, ZERO Consequences (continued)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Kent 

@EA_Barry 

Hi Kent,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my prior thread (even if I think locking said thread was unnecessary).  Unfortunately, your comment is an example of EXACTLY the type of "customer service" that those of us on this board are dissatisfied with.

Your comment indicates that there is an appropriate process for reporting suspected cheaters.  If you had read the entire thread, you would see that I reported the CERTAIN (it is literally impossible to score 242 points in ten minutes of play) cheater the way that you recommended, but nothing happened to the account in question.  He/she is still happily playing the game, cheating against his league's current opponent.   That is not an acceptable outcome for cheating this blatant.  His/her account should be banned --- end of story.

The ENTIRE POINT of my prior thread was to make it clear the current process for addressing suspected cheating is woefully inadequate.  The ultimate response to that line of questioning questioning --- your response --- told me to continue using the very process that I had just pointed out had no impact.  Do you not see how dismissive and inappropriate that response is?  How am I supposed to interpret that response in any way other than the collective you just doesn't give a rat's bottom?  We asked EA_BARRY to follow-up, and he couldn't be bothered to do so.  We continued asking because we actually care about this game and this issue, so you came in, gave a token response, and locked the thread.

None of the actions taken by the moderators encouraged discussion of, or critical thinking regarding, this issue.  Great job by all of you.

Message 1 of 5 (934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Obvious Cheating, ZERO Consequences (continued)

Community Manager
@Gaborrrrrrr I've raised this up to the NBA Live Mobile team to ensure they are aware it's a concern from the community (this isn't the first time we've mentioned this). I unfortunately don't have any updates right now on what plans are geared for next Season's launch, but reporting abuse and cheaters is an area EA in area of our games they want to make it easier for players to report this behavior in our games.

I get that's it's irritating to play with suspected cheaters, there's a few things that REALLY bug me in life and cheaters are totally in the top 10. Makes things feel really unfair and ruins the enjoyment of games, so I completely understand the perspective on how it's impacting you.

If we find out any information on new features the team is adding in the future that we're allowed to share, we'll do it here. I'm afraid it's possible we may not have any concrete info to deliver far ahead of time because these actions are generally kept secret to avoid cheaters knowing our plans (we don't want to tip them off or give them time to figure out how to go around our systems).

Even though it's possible to not see immediate changes, it doesn't mean the feedback is being ignored. The team could be reviewing how they want to implement new features, but in a better way, so it could take time so it's done right.

We really appreciate your posts and concerns here on this, seriously. If you come across anything else on your mind related to this topic please drop it here. We'll track this thread.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (786 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DANE069__8kldcl 

Please understand that neither myself nor EA_Kent can directly action your cheater report, those cases are attended to by a dedicated team.

The only way to have action taken against cheaters is to report them in the way you have already done and we ask for your patience until your report is resolved.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Barry wrote:

@DANE069__8kldcl 

Please understand that neither myself nor EA_Kent can directly action your cheater report, those cases are attended to by a dedicated team.

The only way to have action taken against cheaters is to report them in the way you have already done and we ask for your patience until your report is resolved.

Thanks.

@EA_Barry 

@EA_Kent 

Hi Barry.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I don't expect you to take action on the reports of cheating.  As indicated, though, I do expect you (or Kent, or some other Community Manager) to be able to provide a better explanation of WHY the OBVIOUSLY cheating accounts are not banned.  As I mentioned previously, it is impossible to score 240+ points in 10 minutes of game play, so the account that I reported MUST have been cheating.  If possible, I would like to understand why EA is reluctant to ban players using "cheats", since cheating is clearly against EA's Terms of Service. 

Furthermore, you EA Community Managers are the only link/liaison that we players have to the development team.  As such, we expect that you will pass our concerns/feedback on to the development team so that the game can be improved.  VERY little of that feedback has been acted on in the last year, which means that at least one of the following two things is true:

1. You aren't passing our feedback/recommendations to the dev team; or
  2. The dev team is simply ignoring our feedback/recommendations.

Both of those situations stink for those of us who are big fans of this game.  When I heard about existence of this message board, I was very pleased; I thought it would be a place where the NBALM community and the developers could discuss the things about the game that are good/great and the things about the game that could be improved.  I have been very disappointed in that regard, but I still think this message board could become that place.  More importantly, I am sure that this board morphing into that place would be great for both the NBALM community and EA.  In order to make this change, though, we need the Community Managers to help and the development team to buy-in --- and I have no idea if that is possible.

Please do me a favor and tell me honestly whether you think this board can become that place.  If the answer is no, I will abandon this message board but you will have my respect --- which is more than any of you have earned from me at this point.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Message 4 of 5 (825 Views)

Community Manager
@Gaborrrrrrr I've raised this up to the NBA Live Mobile team to ensure they are aware it's a concern from the community (this isn't the first time we've mentioned this). I unfortunately don't have any updates right now on what plans are geared for next Season's launch, but reporting abuse and cheaters is an area EA in area of our games they want to make it easier for players to report this behavior in our games.

I get that's it's irritating to play with suspected cheaters, there's a few things that REALLY bug me in life and cheaters are totally in the top 10. Makes things feel really unfair and ruins the enjoyment of games, so I completely understand the perspective on how it's impacting you.

If we find out any information on new features the team is adding in the future that we're allowed to share, we'll do it here. I'm afraid it's possible we may not have any concrete info to deliver far ahead of time because these actions are generally kept secret to avoid cheaters knowing our plans (we don't want to tip them off or give them time to figure out how to go around our systems).

Even though it's possible to not see immediate changes, it doesn't mean the feedback is being ignored. The team could be reviewing how they want to implement new features, but in a better way, so it could take time so it's done right.

We really appreciate your posts and concerns here on this, seriously. If you come across anything else on your mind related to this topic please drop it here. We'll track this thread.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (787 Views)