Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Observations of a long time gamer on Anthem.

by Penitent

Original Post

Re: Observations of a long time gamer on Anthem.

★★★★★ Novice
I think the OP is right. I'd rather have a progression system where I work towards earning a better weapon with fixed stats, that can be enhanced through crafting, than just random luck of the draw.

In terms of longevity wouldn't it keep players coming back over the years if their constantly being challenged to scale a mountain rather than just land on the peak or not even get out of base camp in some poor peoples cases.

It would also solve the farming where players bail out of a party before the end boss if they actually had to see the fight through to earn progression points.

The RNG approach is fine for now, because everything is still fresh, but if Anthem has a long term future I don't think it's going to cut it.
Message 31 of 57 (113 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Outstanding and very eloquently put. Agreed 100000000%.

Message 32 of 57 (110 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think you have hit upon the key issue with Anthem. The extension of content via excessive RNG in loot drops.

The combination of;

Random drop * Random Inscription * Random Stats within Inscription

This loot model is sufficient to drive most casual players from the game due to inability to effectively progress the game.  Those that do stay are those that either beat the odds and got the god roll on a piece(s) of loot or have the ability to bot/exploit to get loot.

Lack of time vs. reward.

Message 33 of 57 (110 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MEBengal2001 

Unlike other games, Bioware failed to notice how people appreciate "a bugged drop chance" time and time again when they themselves admitted to not being happy with the loot drop chance in its current state.... When competing games have done far better for Bioware to learn along the way in those 6 bloody years.

sigh....

Message 34 of 57 (103 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The problem with Division 1 at launch was that everyone had the best in slot in the first weekend...not that it was difficult to get good loot...

Message 35 of 57 (100 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You know, you lost your argument at the first paragraph.
Take a break, go play current wow or some other guaranteed progression game and have fun.

Personal attacks only serve to undermine your point.

Here is a refference for you
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Molten_Core_loot
Each boss dropped 1 or 2 pieces for the entire raid. That's it.

AQ40 was similar.

I am glad you think I am a problem and you are not. I will continue to support and enjoy the game for giving me variety of ways to progress.

Message 36 of 57 (90 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ChasingSerenity wrote:

I think you have hit upon the key issue with Anthem. The extension of content via excessive RNG in loot drops.

The combination of;

Random drop * Random Inscription * Random Stats within Inscription

This loot model is sufficient to drive most casual players from the game due to inability to effectively progress the game.  Those that do stay are those that either beat the odds and got the god roll on a piece(s) of loot or have the ability to bot/exploit to get loot.

Lack of time vs. reward.

True story. I've been playing a ranger 99.99% of my time in Anthem. I started with it and have basically kept playing it ever since. I have played a Colossus for two missions and an Interceptor for one mission. My Ranger, after about 80 hours of game time or so, is currently an epic power level Ranger. I just switched over to my Colossus earlier, cause I was getting pretty bored, and thought I'd do a second mission with him. My Colossus that I have literally played two missions with is now masterwork power level. That's right. When equipping my ostensibly most useful items, my two missions played Colossus, is a higher item level than my 80+ hour Ranger.

People here are actually defending this. Think about that.  

Message 37 of 57 (77 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Comparing Anthem to WoW is like comparing a boat to a car. Yeah, they are both a mode of transportation, but completely different things!

Also, TLDR!

Message 38 of 57 (72 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Green_Legend_Ran wrote:

Reeding iz 2 haaarrrrrdddddddd! 

There, I fixed it for you.

Message 39 of 57 (66 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Penitent wrote:

@IntlGJournal wrote:
I love it when kids try to act grown up, I could listen to this for hours lol. In my incapacity for dialectics and my diminuitive vernacular, I nevertheless managed to inch him ever so slowly toward brevity.  

[snip yet another wall of text]

Oh, I know and understand all of the gratuitous words you use. Don't try to compete with me on language skills, you will lose in humiliating fashion. I just enjoy watching you ping-pong your responses. When I joined others in commenting on your verbose style, you shot back succinct. When I then noted your brevity, you responded with another treatise, citing your refusal to let me dictate the length of your posts. Hilarious. I'm eager to see your next response.

And no, you're not older than me, I can guarantee you that. I don't have to prop up my gaming credibility by posting that I'm a "long time gamer", but I'm pretty sure I was writing software before you knew what software was.

So enjoy yourself! I'm certainly enjoying you. ;-)

Message 40 of 57 (62 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help