Objective Visibility and Distance

by Mi_Beauner

Original Post

Objective Visibility and Distance

★★★★★ Newbie

First of all, great game! Already loving it. Thank you for the time and effort put in to making this.

I played a few hours last night, and I really enjoy being the squad leader. I noticed that it was both quite difficult to visually locate the objectives on the screen as well as determine which objective was closest. I did change the opaqueness to max level, yet many objectives were almost greyed out, so I needed to reference my map to visually locate them (they blended into the background.)

Some were bright red/blue, but not all. Additionally, when multiple were on the screen and determining which objective to move the squad to, I had to locate and "aim" at each objective to determine distances.

With these two issues, too much time is spent looking around for the objectives, referencing the map for general location, and aiming at the objectives for distances.

I understand that the more we play, we will learn the map and the objective locations, however, I recommend making these changes (most likely as optional settings.):

- Make all objectives bright red/blue (optional setting), and then be able to change the opaqueness

"Make all objectives bright colored: Yes/No"

"Objective Opaqueness: <percentage slider>"

- Have the distances to the objectives always show under the objective identifier, even when not aiming at the objective.

"Always show distances to objectives: Yes/No"

Message 1 of 4 (406 Views)

Re: Objective Visibility and Distance

★★★ Newbie

I do agree with your analysis, right now I am resorting to the Q button.

Holding down the Q button and sliding the mouse down will let you select the objectives to point. In combination with map knowledge (or the use of M when you are still learning maps) this is the fastest way to give efficient orders to your squad in my opinion.

Message 2 of 4 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mi_Beauner really true at some point, but i also guess otherwise player complain about that they can't see enemies good enough if the Objective is too bright/visible.

But all i could advise you too, is to click the button which makes your Minimap bigger, look for the Objective letter you need and minimize it again. I do it myself that way, worked fine so far.

And as you said, than more you play than more you'll learn the maps.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 4 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, that is what I have been doing. Just looking for an option, not necessarily a required change.

Message 4 of 4 (339 Views)