ORIGIN DELETED ITSELF AND NOW I HAVE ISSUES

by cbff33

Original Post

ORIGIN DELETED ITSELF AND NOW I HAVE ISSUES

★★★ Newbie

Went to fire up sims 4.  the Origin program went to update and then threw an error.  Apparently origin somehow deleted itself.  So I went to reinstall.  that failed because it says to remove origin.  So using the "hard" uninstall, I get to the point where I go into the program files x86 file and I cannot delete the origin folder because my own computer, that I built, is telling me I do not have admin rights.  I am beyond sick and tired of this buggy AF origin installer that is a requirement to play the games I buy from this company.  Nothing I do, allows me to get the admin rights to remove this folder so that I may reinstall origin.

I am sick of this and your viral program, and you will be losing a customer permanently if you cannot help me fix the errors of your crap program.

Message 1 of 2 (585 Views)

Re: ORIGIN DELETED ITSELF AND NOW I HAVE ISSUES

@cbff33  Sometimes, all it takes is a real restart to fix this issue.  If it doesn't though, you can run a command to assign ownership of the folder to the admin (i.e. you):

• Hit Windows key-X and choose either "PowerShell (Administrator)" or "Command Prompt (Administrator)," whichever option is offered
  • In the window, write this command:  takeown /F "[full file path]"  with the quotes.  For example, if Origin is installed in its default location on C, you'd write "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin" as the full file path
  • Double-check the command (take note of the two spaces in the command line), and when you're satisfied, hit Enter
  • Restart your computer, and try to delete the Origin folder again
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (558 Views)