Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: OK, Now please give us a Stats sheet!

by Anonymous

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@Fliple wrote:
The game is designed so that people could play together regardless of level by dynamically changing player stats to fit within the same range. A stat sheet would be nice to have for a general idea of how optimized a javelin is for different things, but it will never be meaningful in the way you want since the hard numbers will change with whoever you queue with. And that's without the bugs and programming error through off all the scaling.

Or you could just remove all this dynamic scaling level bullsh*t from GM difficulties as everyone is level 30 anyway.

And then give us our meaningless stats page every normal gamer is craving for. Thank you. 

Message 11 of 22 (375 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

One is now thinks the lack of any stats page was intentional, look at what has been found out even without one.

We all thought the info we had was meaningful and in some ways drives us forward to gain that little extra. Currently doing my own testing and it is shocking what doesn't do anything meaningful even though you think it does.! The mathematics is pretty low grade behind most of it, even though it gives the impression its complex. Its not! Bioware should grab a few of the programmers to help with some real algorithms, not this poor 2+2 = 3 plus a p uff of pink smoke crap. 

( How is P uff a censored word lol)

Message 12 of 22 (369 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@RoamanXO wrote:

Or you could just remove all this dynamic scaling level bullsh*t from GM difficulties as everyone is level 30 anyway.

And then give us our meaningless stats page every normal gamer is craving for. Thank you. 

That would be really suite, but I'm not looking for them to change things which I know they're not going to change.

They built the scaling, it is what it is. Since it seems to be kind of wonky, I want to see a de-wonkinized version - an honest stat sheet.

[definition of 'wonky']

Cheers! Beer

Message 13 of 22 (358 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Im PRETTY sure we cant get this till they get the math working right. I KNOW theres some 1+1 = 70 going on here

Message 14 of 22 (345 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

A game like this without stats is just strange. I never know if the combination of the gear I'm using actually does something. Can we use 2 different parts that give the same stats? Or is it pointless? There is no way to know. With a stats screen we could see what we changed. Atm we can just guess....

E.g.: Increase armor by a small/big amount. That doesnt say much. How much is big? How much more would I get with 60 % more armor? We dont see it thus there is no way to check if that gear is useful.

The only thing I'm mentioning is when I'm using gear with +150 % gear damage but the rest is in the dark. Although I`m still not sure what actually is influenced by "gear damage" because basicly everything we are using is gear besides melee attacks. Then again melee attacks seem to be done with the jav and jav's are gear too. I´m wondering what do we melee with? (for every jav without shield) Just with the suit?

As soon as my shield is down my armor is down too. I´d like to see how that is possible... how much life/armor do I actually have and why is it dropping so fast when the shield is down standing in a corner hiding?

All that would be more logical with a stats screen. Except for the question "What are melee attacks actually done with?" Since there are no melee weapons..

Message 15 of 22 (335 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Sleepwalker_VIE wrote:

...Except for the question "What are melee attacks actually done with?" Since there are no melee weapons..

ROFLMAO!  :eahigh_file:

One of the great examples of design-decisions I would have gone another way with.... when you run out of bullets in this game you're supposed to use harsh language, because your club takes 7 seconds to recharge ????

When I first raised this as a dissatisfaction, the forum crowd told me to get an interceptor and otherwise misunderstood/brutalized my thread - I was sad. Frown

Let's just say I appreciate the comment, LOL.

The main point - not having stats sheets or some way to tell how stats are combining is a major frustration because with all the damage scaling issues, all bets are off and there's no way to know. Maybe they'll respond to this as a lot of people are asking, but it probably won't be before May at the earliest.

Message 16 of 22 (326 Views)
Highlighted

Anonymous

They will look for introduce stats sheet, not pretty soon.

Message 17 of 22 (783 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I made a stat sheet that lets you calculate your damage and share your builds:

https://javelin-stats.com

Here's my Storm:  https://javelin-stats.com?id=2

Message 18 of 22 (246 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@Fliple wrote:
The game is designed so that people could play together regardless of level by dynamically changing player stats to fit within the same range. A stat sheet would be nice to have for a general idea of how optimized a javelin is for different things, but it will never be meaningful in the way you want since the hard numbers will change with whoever you queue with. And that's without the bugs and programming error through off all the scaling.

Anthem isnt the only game where the difficulty scales off the number of people playing. If it works for other games then it can work for Anthem.

Message 19 of 22 (242 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@Kyngston_SGFW Nicely done. A lot of games need fanbased tools such as this.

Ill never use it. But this tool has been asked for by many. Well done.
Message 20 of 22 (234 Views)
Twitter Stream