Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: OK, Now please give us a Stats sheet!

by Dbgt82

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

OK, Now please give us a Stats sheet!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I enjoy flying around and fighting in Anthem, but I am unhappy with my lack of progress, and I have a trust problem with EA/BioWare now.

I feel like what I'm reading about Power Scaling is deceptive and intentional, which is at least "frustrating". Shocked

SUGGESTION

As soon as development can provide one, players need a MEANINGFUL stat sheet for their stats accumulated by all their weapons and gear, which accurately and effectively shows their actual weapon and abilities base damages, and actual incoming damage mitigation.

Otherwise I think player trust is going to be very hard to win back. Cheers! Beer

Message 1 of 22 (820 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Anonymous

They will look for introduce stats sheet, not pretty soon.

View in thread

Message 17 of 22 (779 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

If we got a stats sheet, people would be even more up the devs' backsides cause I BET something wont add up.

Message 2 of 22 (800 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@buddahcjcc 

Meh. That would just be diminishing returns :P

Message 3 of 22 (797 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@Dbgt82 wrote:

@buddahcjcc 

Meh. That would just be diminishing returns :P

Its the first thing like half the people on Reddit would do lol

Message 4 of 22 (773 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
The game is designed so that people could play together regardless of level by dynamically changing player stats to fit within the same range. A stat sheet would be nice to have for a general idea of how optimized a javelin is for different things, but it will never be meaningful in the way you want since the hard numbers will change with whoever you queue with. And that's without the bugs and programming error through off all the scaling.
Message 5 of 22 (764 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Fliple wrote:
The game is designed so that people could play together regardless of level by dynamically changing player stats to fit within the same range. A stat sheet would be nice to have for a general idea of how optimized a javelin is for different things, but it will never be meaningful in the way you want since the hard numbers will change with whoever you queue with. And that's without the bugs and programming error through off all the scaling.

uh...didnt even think bout that tbh. ye this would certainly be a disaster. angry peeps would pick it apart immediatly

Message 6 of 22 (752 Views)
Highlighted

Dot.: OK, Now please give us a Stats sheet!

★★ Apprentice

Character's sheet is a crucial thing to add in Anthem ASAP !!! This is one of the biggest and many lack of something... in the game.  as well as lack of chat.

Message 7 of 22 (721 Views)
Highlighted

Dot.: OK, Now please give us a Stats sheet!

★★★★★ Apprentice
I dont think they can add a stats page atm. The whole math behind the scenes doesn't make any sense. You can out dps anyone if you have 1 piece that's legendary and all the rest common. At its core the game is broken Frown
Message 8 of 22 (695 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@Fliple wrote:

And the design fallacy that being able to just matchmake anyone is more important than having meaningful progression.

Unless you only have 20 players, which sadly is the way we're headed.

Message 9 of 22 (676 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Fliple wrote:
The game is designed so that people could play together regardless of level by dynamically changing player stats to fit within the same range.
A stat sheet would be nice to have for a general idea of how optimized a javelin is for different things, but it will never be meaningful in the way you want since the hard numbers will change with whoever you queue with. And that's without the bugs and programming error through off all the scaling.

I think that if a stat sheet showed my damages for my weapons and abilities at my own Average Power Level (APL?), yeah and damage mitigation, i.e. armor, shield totals (vs that APL if it matters), then that would be good useful metrics, even if it becomes relative to the rest of my team when we spawn in.

If they coupled the release of the stat sheet with a degree of information regarding how scaling in teams works, then game/gear trust could be reestablished.

I'm not willing to talk about how that everything is too bugged right now, bugs will have to be fixed for anything to work - true bugs are not the topic of this thread. Also, I'm not expecting this to be presented instantly, I realize it may take a few months, but it needs to bubble up to the top of their to-do list.

Cheers! Beer

Message 10 of 22 (670 Views)
Twitter Stream