OK, It's April where's the patch?

by Ironhead841

Original Post

OK, It's April where's the patch?

Champion

Can we get an ETA on the patches release date?

Or at the very least the patch notes?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 64 (1,730 Views)

Re: OK, It's April where's the patch?

★★ Expert
@Ironhead841 When everything is 100% locked in and it has passed certification, they will tell us. So probably the day before it's ready to go live.

That's the level of certainty they're working with, and it's pretty embarrassing.
Message 2 of 64 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Guide

so, in about 28 days time?

Message 3 of 64 (1,717 Views)

Champion

@edgecrusherO0 wrote:
@Ironhead841When everything is 100% locked in and it has passed certification, they will tell us. So probably the day before it's ready to go live.

That's the level of certainty they're working with, and it's pretty embarrassing.

@edgecrusherO0 

Yeah, I guess I don't really understand this "process" of releasing patches.

It would just be nice to have an ETA is all.

I would like to see these changes in the patch notes if nothing else.

Message 4 of 64 (1,714 Views)

★★ Expert
@Ironhead841 I don't think they have good internal processes, hence why they aren't willing to communicate early since they have no confidence in what's being worked on will actually make it into a patch. A lot of that might be down to Frostbite, but honestly it seems like their teams are silo'd and aren't communicating a lot with each other / aren't keeping CM's in the loop so that they can actually provide some information back to fans. It seems like they're intentionally locking CM's out of information.

Which is sure convenient for them, but is a garbage look for the game/studio since it seems like they don't have confidence in their own work, teams, and processes.
Message 5 of 64 (1,703 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ironhead841 if video game companies say april they mean the last day of april if you're lucky and it doesn't get delayed. summer means late august, fall means late november etc

that isn't just a dice thing. from my experience it's an industry thing
Message 6 of 64 (1,702 Views)

Champion

@Psubond

I know but it doesn't hurt to keep pumping them for information, I wasn't really expecting the patch today.

Everything I have seen so far in regards to this patch has been pretty vague, I would like to see some specifics.

Message 7 of 64 (1,690 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ironhead841 me too but i wouldn't get your hopes up. they treat us like mushrooms
Message 8 of 64 (1,671 Views)

Champion

@Ironhead841 wrote:

@Psubond

I know but it doesn't hurt to keep pumping them for information, I wasn't really expecting the patch today.

Everything I have seen so far in regards to this patch has been pretty vague, I would like to see some specifics.

Yeah I agree everything surrounding BF2042 is a closely guarded secret isn't it,

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 64 (1,599 Views)

Champion

@RayD_O1 wrote:

@Ironhead841 wrote:

@Psubond

Yeah I agree everything surrounding BF2042 is a closely guarded secret isn't it,

Top secret my friend, lol.

topsecret.jpg

Message 10 of 64 (1,594 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help