Re: Nvidia control panel - select the preferred graphics processor for this prog

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Nvidia control panel - select the preferred graphics processor for this program

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the game today and it runs like * even when I have all the settings low. I have a 1080 gtx so I should be able to run this smoothly, I looked up the issue and people are saying the game is using the integrated graphics. They said to go to the Nvidia settings and change it from integrated to graphics card. The only issue is option 2 isn't showing up for me and my intel motherboard does have integrated graphics. This is the example I saw online.

https://imgur.com/a/ztQWL3g

This is what I see.

https://imgur.com/a/QoPo09S

Game runs fine if I just run, but when I turn to look around it lags really bad.

https://streamable.com/iyt4m

Message 1 of 5 (16,016 Views)

Re: Nvidia control panel - select the preferred graphics processor for this prog

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @juniorninety. Can I ask, are you unable to launch the game using your Nvidia card and it instead continues to use the integrated card?

Do you not see your Nvidia GPU in the drop-down menu?

To change from your integrated card to your Nvidia card:

Open "Nvidia Control Panel".

Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
Click on "Program Settings" tab and then select the program you want to run.
Select "Preferred graphics processor" in drop-down menu and then select use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (15,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey man I have the same issue. Game runs smooth in my main monitor (1440p) but loses several frames in OBS/stream.

It's weird but if i press the windows key or i go in the secondary monitor with my mouse cursor the stream is perfect

Did you find a solution ^?

Message 3 of 5 (14,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I know this is an old topic, but i still wanna share what fixed my lag.

I had exactly the same issue, when i was just running without moving my mouse it went completely smooth.

When i started using my mouse i had unexplainable high frame loss.

this is what fixed it for me:

My mouse polling rate was on 1000. I put this down too 500 and my lag was completely gone! 

Hope this helps some people out with lag issues when moving the mouse.

Message 4 of 5 (14,198 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Darko wrote:

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @juniorninety. Can I ask, are you unable to launch the game using your Nvidia card and it instead continues to use the integrated card?

Do you not see your Nvidia GPU in the drop-down menu?

To change from your integrated card to your Nvidia card:

Open "Nvidia Control Panel".

Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
Click on "Program Settings" tab and then select the program you want to run.
Select "Preferred graphics processor" in drop-down menu and then select use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Darko

Hi,

That's completely normal... the "choose-between-integrated-or-discrete-gpu" is only meant for OPTIMUS (hybrid integrated/nvidia system for LAPTOPS).

For your desktop you'll use your nvidia the whole time, don't worry.

So, regarding your issue, there are some possible solutions... search google, you'll find some Answers HQ and Reddit threads:

- Decrease mouse polling

- Limit FPS to 60, 80, 100... try different values

- Reset CPU Priority for Apex process (disable -high command line parameter or registry hack)

- Change aspect ratio while in-game, and the revert back to normal setting

Hope you make it work!

Message 5 of 5 (14,175 Views)