Re: Nox?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nox?

★★★★ Novice

Westwood Studios was bought out by EA , but they created a game so great called Nox , a well balanced factional game with warrior, wizards and necro. Can we get a remake of this game back of one of the greatest childhood games of all time back?

Message 1 of 6 (730 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @BadBoiGunNer I'm not aware of any plans for a remake of Nox but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

If you are not aware the original is available on Origin and while it's a little dated it's still a great game: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/nox/nox

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (711 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @BadBoiGunNer I'm not aware of any plans for a remake of Nox but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

If you are not aware the original is available on Origin and while it's a little dated it's still a great game: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/nox/nox

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've paid $5 for Nox on Origin and it will play the opening video but then loses all functionality afterward and I can't even see the menu screen to start the game. I've tried "repairing" the game twice but it never worked for me. Is there an issue with Origin running this game?

Message 3 of 6 (659 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Norviin can you ensure that you are running Origin and the game as administrator and also try running Nox in compatibility mode.

Let me know how you get on. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally second the notion to remake this game.  I had so many copies of this was unreal.  I bought copies for my friends to play with and several for myself (I seem to recall always having problems with the 2nd disk..).  I have it on CD still (several still lol..) but I think that would be great to go back and remake some of the older games, esp this one.  This was actually the first game I bought for myself when I bought my own first PC.

Message 5 of 6 (493 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @iZJokersWild I will pass your feedback on to the team.

I have my old copy of Nox in a drawer by my PC as it happens. Was going through some old boxes in the attic and found it alongside a second copy of Dune and some C64 cassettes.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (471 Views)