Re: Now that we know about the Angara (spoilers inside)

by Pixeldance

Original Post

★★ Pro

I can't speak for everyone but for me, years of practice at nerding out! :D

Message 11 of 29 (2,587 Views)

★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

Okay so, since they were actually created by another species who were clearly interested in the creation of life. 

What if they are also the first species who can fully procreate with other species? If they are biologically compatible with at least some?

I mean I know the Asari can, but only by creating another Asari.

I want to see the first hybrid species ! Star Trek did it. Maybe its time at least one species in andromeda can to?

I wanna see thoee Angara / Human hybrids! ( and kids, lets see some kids in the future of the game, we can clearly do height differences now)

And yes I may have a vision in my head of Lexi scanning Sara in the future and saying omg your pregnant because they just wouldn't expect it. If any species can, it should be the genetically created Angara Standard smile

I would SO love to see this! In fact, the game had a missed opportunity in really going into this aspect when that one Angara female was scanning Ryder (with the option for Ryder to scan her first) and also Lexi's Jaal physiology scans as well as the intimate scene with Sara and Jaal. My nerd sensibilities wanted to know their genetic makeup! I really found the bioelectricity fascinating and would have loved to have seen an exchange between that one doctor in the medbay lab and biotic Sara about the similarities and differences between the two.

There were lots of opportunities for them to talk about reproductive compatibility for angarans and humans. I know the game kind of tends to push Asari and Angarans together (the soccer match and the bed in the Kadara hostel), but imagine the kinds of stories and scientific possibilities that can open up with human and angaran children! The Jardaan and the Kett would especially be intrigued with them.

From the codex in the game, we already know the Angarans are warm-blooded mammals like us yet internally, they are different: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Angara

I would love to seeHuman/ Angaran hybrid children as well and how they would be seen by the angara. LOVE Star Trek and if this series continues, it'd be interesting to see a Spock-like situation as the Angaran and humans try to get along in Andromeda. I kind of wish there were more conflict with some of the angaran people after Sara and Jaal got together. Since there were the Roekkar and others who are still distrusting and not caring about humans, I think they would have some pushback even after the evens of Meridian and such.

I hope they continue building this world because there is so much potential for stories and more lore to build.

Message 12 of 29 (2,567 Views)

★★ Pro

@RaeLarkham wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

Okay so, since they were actually created by another species who were clearly interested in the creation of life. 

What if they are also the first species who can fully procreate with other species? If they are biologically compatible with at least some?

I want to see the first hybrid species ! Star Trek did it. Maybe its time at least one species in andromeda can to?

I wanna see thoee Angara / Human hybrids! ( and kids, lets see some kids in the future of the game, we can clearly do height differences now)

And yes I may have a vision in my head of Lexi scanning Sara in the future and saying omg your pregnant because they just wouldn't expect it. If any species can, it should be the genetically created Angara Standard smile

I would SO love to see this! In fact, the game had a missed opportunity in really going into this aspect when that one Angara female was scanning Ryder (with the option for Ryder to scan her first) and also Lexi's Jaal physiology scans as well as the intimate scene with Sara and Jaal. My nerd sensibilities wanted to know their genetic makeup! I really found the bioelectricity fascinating and would have loved to have seen an exchange between that one doctor in the medbay lab and biotic Sara about the similarities and differences between the two.

There were lots of opportunities for them to talk about reproductive compatibility for angarans and humans. I know the game kind of tends to push Asari and Angarans together (the soccer match and the bed in the Kadara hostel), but imagine the kinds of stories and scientific possibilities that can open up with human and angaran children! The Jardaan and the Kett would especially be intrigued with them.

From the codex in the game, we already know the Angarans are warm-blooded mammals like us yet internally, they are different: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Angara

I would love to seeHuman/ Angaran hybrid children as well and how they would be seen by the angara. LOVE Star Trek and if this series continues, it'd be interesting to see a Spock-like situation as the Angaran and humans try to get along in Andromeda. I kind of wish there were more conflict with some of the angaran people after Sara and Jaal got together. Since there were the Roekkar and others who are still distrusting and not caring about humans, I think they would have some pushback even after the evens of Meridian and such.

I hope they continue building this world because there is so much potential for stories and more lore to build.

Exactly.
I really love the potential politics ramifications that could come of something like this. Possibly it wouldn't happen so much with Asari, Angara pairings because they would just be Asari kids at the end of the day. However a hybrid where both species can mate together and their kids mating with other hybrid kids could bring about an entirely new situation.

Would they be accepted on the whole by both species, only one of the two spec8es, or be outcasts amoungst them all etc? Would some groups try to ban such pairings? How far would they go? 

Would it effect the pure blood human line in the long run with only so few humans in helius?

So much to think about.

Plus cute human/ angara babies.

Would it effectively make more human biotics with the angara and their electrical ability they have which is similar. We know ourselves we have a small amount of electrical currents in us by the shocks we get from certain objects and wind and the fact some people like my mum have issues wearing watches (higher electrical activity in her body effects the lifespan of watch batteries). So it could just enhance somethingwe already have thats not nearly as predominant in humans.

Wpuld love to dg further into the biology of it all.

Please bioware do this !

Message 13 of 29 (2,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is just my own speculation and absolutely minimally based on anything seen in the game.  To me, it appeared that the Angara were being designed by the Jardaan as some kind of left behind species, possibly to rebuild their empire, after the Jardaan fled from whatever they were waging war against, but the Angara weren't finished being designed (as per the percentage rating on the genetic templates found in meridian) in time before the Scourge was used.

The Angara are biological, so they don't attract the scourge, unlike the remnant robots, yet they have limited natural ability to use Remnant technology (likely tied to their electrical manipulation abilities), perhaps they were even given a sort of programmed racial memory that gave them a drive to work with the devices they found.  The Angara seem uniquely suited for surviving on the planets in the Heleus cluster, even with the scourge's twisting of their environments, so that in my mind gives more weight to the theory that they were meant as a work force specific to the factors found in this region of space.  What the Angara have that the Remnant robots don't have is creativity, the Remnant robots are there to try to keep the tech in working order until the Angara culture can advance to the point of being able to begin work on scientific exploration of the scourge and how to remove it.  

This being said, if you were specifically creating a work force, giving them certain abilities, survival traits, and an underlying need to embrace the technology of an absent forgotten alien culture. With the hopes that this fledgling civilization would one day rebuild your technology, find a way to remove the scourge (or just wait long enough that hopefully it will dissipate on it's own),  and hopefully somehow trigger some mechanism that would let the Jardaan know it was safe to come home.  Would you want them to cross breed with other cultures (should one turn up), possibly undoing the genetic markers they carefully crafted into the Angara to accomplish their task?  I think they would very much lock down the ability to cross breed. 

I also think they might have built in their own version of the genophage, or some kind of weakness the Jardaan could use against the Angara, in case the labor force wasn't keen on giving up their hard work and homes to the absentee land lords when they finally come home.  Likely some kind of near 100% lethal vulnerability to a manufactured disease that the Jardaan have under lock and key.

Ok, I'm taking off my foil hat now, I hope this doesn't come out as horribly rambling as it seems it is.

Message 14 of 29 (2,536 Views)

★★ Guide

This is just my own speculation and absolutely minimally based on anything seen in the game.  To me, it appeared that the Angara were being designed by the Jardaan as some kind of left behind species, possibly to rebuild their empire, after the Jardaan fled from whatever they were waging war against, but the Angara weren't finished being designed (as per the percentage rating on the genetic templates found in meridian) in time before the Scourge was used.

The Angara are biological, so they don't attract the scourge, unlike the remnant robots, yet they have limited natural ability to use Remnant technology (likely tied to their electrical manipulation abilities), perhaps they were even given a sort of programmed racial memory that gave them a drive to work with the devices they found.  The Angara seem uniquely suited for surviving on the planets in the Heleus cluster, even with the scourge's twisting of their environments, so that in my mind gives more weight to the theory that they were meant as a work force specific to the factors found in this region of space.  What the Angara have that the Remnant robots don't have is creativity, the Remnant robots are there to try to keep the tech in working order until the Angara culture can advance to the point of being able to begin work on scientific exploration of the scourge and how to remove it.  

This being said, if you were specifically creating a work force, giving them certain abilities, survival traits, and an underlying need to embrace the technology of an absent forgotten alien culture. With the hopes that this fledgling civilization would one day rebuild your technology, find a way to remove the scourge (or just wait long enough that hopefully it will dissipate on it's own),  and hopefully somehow trigger some mechanism that would let the Jardaan know it was safe to come home.  Would you want them to cross breed with other cultures (should one turn up), possibly undoing the genetic markers they carefully crafted into the Angara to accomplish their task?  I think they would very much lock down the ability to cross breed. 

I also think they might have built in their own version of the genophage, or some kind of weakness the Jardaan could use against the Angara, in case the labor force wasn't keen on giving up their hard work and homes to the absentee land lords when they finally come home.  Likely some kind of near 100% lethal vulnerability to a manufactured disease that the Jardaan have under lock and key.

Ok, I'm taking off my foil hat now, I hope this doesn't come out as horribly rambling as it seems it is.

Message 15 of 29 (2,534 Views)

★★ Guide

This being said, if you were specifically creating a work force, giving them certain abilities, survival traits, and an underlying need to embrace the technology of an absent forgotten alien culture. With the hopes that this fledgling civilization would one day rebuild your technology, find a way to remove the scourge (or just wait long enough that hopefully it will dissipate on it's own),  and hopefully somehow trigger some mechanism that would let the Jardaan know it was safe to come home.  Would you want them to cross breed with other cultures (should one turn up), possibly undoing the genetic markers they carefully crafted into the Angara to accomplish their task?  I think they would very much lock down the ability to cross breed, unless of course, that was part of the project they couldn't finish in time. 

Message 16 of 29 (2,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Pixeldance wrote:

This being said, if you were specifically creating a work force, giving them certain abilities, survival traits, and an underlying need to embrace the technology of an absent forgotten alien culture. With the hopes that this fledgling civilization would one day rebuild your technology, find a way to remove the scourge (or just wait long enough that hopefully it will dissipate on it's own),  and hopefully somehow trigger some mechanism that would let the Jardaan know it was safe to come home.  Would you want them to cross breed with other cultures (should one turn up), possibly undoing the genetic markers they carefully crafted into the Angara to accomplish their task?  I think they would very much lock down the ability to cross breed, unless of course, that was part of the project they couldn't finish in time. 

See I would rather think that there is enough bad guys around as it is with the Kett and whoever created the scurge to take out the Jardaan - that they are more pro-life than that and not just out for themselves but all life and the creation of new life.
That being said, the thought has occurred to me that the Angara may actually be the Jardaan, they just don't know it yet. Maybe they procreate via cloning of some sort or had started to before being forced out.
Many questions yet to be answered !

P.S. tablet typing is not productive sometimes wuth messy typos!

Message 17 of 29 (2,541 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Nykara360

i had several thoughts, and that was one of em... that the angara are what was left of the jardaan population, or their descendants. i also thought that the scourge could have damaged the jardaan or a portion of their population on a cellular level, and they had to adapt, and after centuries of trying to survive by any mean necessary, we now have the kett. so mutated and damaged and broken they can no longer use their own ancient technology. possibly do to a lack of knowledge, as well as genetic issues as they're no longer recognizable as jardaan at any level.

Message 18 of 29 (2,535 Views)

★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

@RaeLarkham wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

Exactly.
I really love the potential politics ramifications that could come of something like this. Possibly it wouldn't happen so much with Asari, Angara pairings because they would just be Asari kids at the end of the day. However a hybrid where both species can mate together and their kids mating with other hybrid kids could bring about an entirely new situation.

Would they be accepted on the whole by both species, only one of the two spec8es, or be outcasts amoungst them all etc? Would some groups try to ban such pairings? How far would they go? 

Would it effect the pure blood human line in the long run with only so few humans in helius?

So much to think about.

Plus cute human/ angara babies.

Would it effectively make more human biotics with the angara and their electrical ability they have which is similar. We know ourselves we have a small amount of electrical currents in us by the shocks we get from certain objects and wind and the fact some people like my mum have issues wearing watches (higher electrical activity in her body effects the lifespan of watch batteries). So it could just enhance somethingwe already have thats not nearly as predominant in humans.

Wpuld love to dg further into the biology of it all.

Please bioware do this !

Definitely the cute human/Angaran babies. :-) I've been thinking about doing some concept art just for fun to see what they may look like based on the genetic inheritances of the parents. It'd be cute to see.

I'm digging the theories though. I would rather the Jardaan be benevolent myself and perhaps their good intentions were twisted by the Kett. Sort of a two sides to one coin where life can be made for good and yet abused for one group's own desire and power.

I'm on my second playthrough taking my time to talk to people after the main mission (something I totally forgot to do the first time) and in talking to the Moshae after the whole Meridan/Jardaan thing was really interesting based on her reply. "I should be shocked but I'm not. It's as if I've always known somehow" just to paraphrase her words. That mixed with the artifacts you can bring to Avela that reveal depictions of Angaran-like forms may point to the fact that they may be one and the same if not made in their image.

Kind of throws new light on the whole big families thing as well. Perhaps they are genetically programmed to produce lots of offspring in order to build their numbers and keep them up. The fact that they culturally value that connection with their family members is just something bred entirely out of comfort, community nurturing, and their own creativity. (Something that could have been brought up by Ryder to comfort the Angarans who were confused after they found out.)

Message 19 of 29 (2,525 Views)

★★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

@Nykara360

i had several thoughts, and that was one of em... that the angara are what was left of the jardaan population, or their descendants. i also thought that the scourge could have damaged the jardaan or a portion of their population on a cellular level, and they had to adapt, and after centuries of trying to survive by any mean necessary, we now have the kett. so mutated and damaged and broken they can no longer use their own ancient technology. possibly do to a lack of knowledge, as well as genetic issues as they're no longer recognizable as jardaan at any level.

The thought that they could actually be both is kinda cool (and scary) but would explain a lot.
The scourge does corrupt things, living beings, we discovered this with the mutated creatures. And the Angara could just as easily be Jardaan in some form, an attempt by them to keep their species going just incase the worst did happen. We know the angara have some genet8c imprinting, if they are Jardaan the imprinting could have been cut short so they didn't end up with all the information they were supposed to.
So many theories and possibilities and of course the chance none of it is correct but it's fun to speculate all the same Standard smile
Message 20 of 29 (2,511 Views)