Now that the game is dead: Maybe PvP

by TheReal_USA_MAGA

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Now that the game is dead: Maybe PvP

[ Edited ]
Champion

There have been threads upon threads about this. Takeaways:

1) None of this game’s issues would be fixed by adding PvP. The only thing it would do is add more issues to fix.

2) How do you even imagine PvP happening in this game? Everyone would spam ice and lightning to permastun/instakill each other, and winning would just be decided by whoever activates the ability first. Unless they completely rework the combat system to be PvP friendly. At which point they might as well release a separate, PvP-oriented game.

3) There are no advantages to tacking PvP onto this game versus releasing it as a separate, Anthem-themed title (maybe with the same MTX shop where you can buy the same MTX stuff). The game is already 50GB+ and needs to be installed on an SSD for best performance. If I, hypothetically, eventually end up completely bored with PvE and only playing PvP, I would much rather prefer being able to uninstall the PvE part and just have the PvP part of the game on my SSD.

4) This isn’t even getting into the whole issue of the effect the PvP players tend to have on the PvE community.

Finally, Anthem is not a “shooter,” it’s an ARPG. It also isn’t dead.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 11 of 42 (470 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I love a good pvp experience, and I definitely believe that Anthem could offer a very fun and unique spin on that area...but I'd hate for them to jeopardize the pve power fantasy just to make the pvp work.

It's possible to make it work but would require a lot of investment from the team that ultimately detracts from the potential for new pve stuff. Which is the heart of this game.
Message 12 of 42 (449 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
there is no way pvp would even WORK in this game as it is now. the ONLY way would be to force EVERYONE to play the same watered down build with the same weapons and no uniqueness to their javs. Because lets face it. if you go to destiny,division or any forums with pve/pvp you see majority of the ppl complaining are the pvpers. And those are just the ones who suck at the game and want an easy win.
Message 13 of 42 (439 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

Trust me.  It's over once EA's shareholders see the results.  You guys don't read the financial papers do you.  NEEDS PvP.  I for one may be happy to see a PvE snob community get the smack they deserve: Dead Title.  Dead on Arrival.  The market has moved to competitive PvP (like 20 years ago with Battle net)  I'm just whistling past the graveyard.

Total crock sorry, provide your source.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the source is somewhere south of the navel, at a heading of 180 degrees.

Message 14 of 42 (435 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
Hell no go away pvp guy no one wants it. We want more pve content.
Message 15 of 42 (433 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

Have you learned your lesson yet?  A shooter without PvP is like going to the prom with no date - Like a PvE snob.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you keep wishing in one hand and pooping in the other, which will fill up first?

Message 16 of 42 (418 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@RogueMaster wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

Trust me.  It's over once EA's shareholders see the results.  You guys don't read the financial papers do you.  NEEDS PvP.  I for one may be happy to see a PvE snob community get the smack they deserve: Dead Title.  Dead on Arrival.  The market has moved to competitive PvP (like 20 years ago with Battle net)  I'm just whistling past the graveyard.

Total crock sorry, provide your source.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the source is somewhere south of the navel, at a heading of 180 degrees.

So rather than navel gazing they need eyes in the back of their head?

Message 17 of 42 (415 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

Have you learned your lesson yet?  A shooter without PvP is like going to the prom with no date - Like a PvE snob.

Swing and a miss...😁

People still say the same thing about warframe...many years after they added it and nobody cared hehe.

Message 18 of 42 (407 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

The best way to implement a PVP in this game is to make it in-direct e.g every player (or guild in the future) have a base and be able to place the kind of turrets and ... in some places in their base so others (alone or in a group) attack it and try to reach the end and if they all die (if they are group) then it is finished and they will take some point based on their progression and there should be a leaderboard dedicated to it.

But there are more crucial issues right now so IMO it's not a good time to request such thing cause it needs so much work. Basically they must build a solid game first (in terms of content, have no bugs or connection issues and ...) then they can think about some kind of PVP (or even introduce it in Anthem 2 supposed they're gonna make the sequel).

Message 19 of 42 (388 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

No. Sorry mate, but PvP in this game would either be a) terrible or b) pointless.

I think it's better that Bioware fix the issues with the game and play to the strengths it already has. Trying to simply one-up any of the other looter-shooters will not work. It's already a crowded arena.

Message 20 of 42 (381 Views)
Twitter Stream