Re: Now it's even harder to detect cheaters.

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

Now it's even harder to detect cheaters.

★★ Apprentice

I just spectate a lot of players which seem to have a very decent aiming, it's not all headshot but they hit every single bullet to everyone from a very far distance.

I would say this might be a cheater I'm not sure, but my friends said these players are just pro player because they are not all headshot.

So I start wondering if this is just a player who using cheats but they are managing to get off the radar by using any possible way to hide it, what can Respawn do about this, are they even try to detect this kind of cheat? are they ban only the one that seems obvious?

I know someone might say there are no cheaters in this game and you are just a noob player.

Here is what I think.

1. If someone has quite a long time shooting game experience, they will be able to identify whether "this guy has skills" or "this guy is kind of cheating"

2. It is possible to hit every single bullet and knock down the enemy in half seconds but not from a very far distance and not to everyone in the game.

3. Not everyone is a "pro player".

4. Pro players usually not prefer using a name like "0928371729" or "iweeeeeeeeeeee"

5. Some player seems to have very high aiming skills but why they are just lv6 with 22 kills.

6. They throwing grenade straight at your teammate without having any sight on them before.

7. Most of the cheaters are playing in Asian Server and you can meet them in about 50% of your game.

Cheaters are not using speed hack anymore because it will be too obvious but how about the soft aimbot? Do you know that a cheating program has an option to aim for the head only or also pretending to aim for the body. How do you identify cheaters using wall hacking?

I think there are still a lot of cheaters this game who can get around from cheat detection.

If Respawn cannot prevent cheating program and rely only on the report system then they are not solving the problem. 

Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Wallhacking is basically it can see an enemy just like he can see his friend. It's highlighted on their screen but you can't see it when spectate.

Way to find out:

1. Kid/amateur hacker ping enemy even though it's impossible to see or not even show up yet.

2. What you do when enemies running behind the object? You're looking at the object cellulite, following it, closing in, gun ready, wait until it comes out, as soon it shows up, directly shoot. 

3. The enemy hides back behind an object, he still shoots the object (stone/wall, etc) since it's highlighted so bright he didn't realize enemy already behind cover. Normal people stop shooting and use this opportunity to reload, heal, recharge, change location, etc. So if you see suspect hacker shooting rock/wall/door/tree during a battle, that is a red flag.

I attach screenshot what they can see behind object (your position, your health, your distance, your shield, etc).

Message 2 of 3 (274 Views)

Yesterday I was killed 2 times by hackers in the final circles. After spectating them, they seemed to have no idea how the game works. Pro players know how to efficiently move around, loot fast and just not state at the ground for 5 seconds straight.

It are often the simple things that give it away, but usually looking at the movement and miscellaneous things (as looting, zipline usage, ping usage) is enough.

Though, if good player that know the game start using hacks, then it becomes harder and harder to see. Shooting the wall and stones before getting out of cover is indeed a solid give away.

Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)