Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their game

by Bistoory

Original Post

Re: Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their ga

★★ Apprentice

@buddahcjcc  schrieb:

@Aksu wrote:

@Exchron wrote:

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
Both games sucked just as bad at launch sadly most ppl seem to forget that.

Anthem will get there - it has a stronger foundation to build on than any of those games, in my opinion, due to its core gameplay being more exciting - but it is going to be a rocky few months. Everything on the 90-day roadmap, including all of the bug fixes and quality of life changes, should have been there at launch, and the cries would have been far quieter had they been.

I'm relatively sure they knew the firestorm that would come down on the launch of Anthem. I think its part of the reason they just kind of put their heads down, and dug into bug fixes and QOL/Content updates.

And started communicating only on the Reddit

I don´t know if you mean this positive or negative, but for me, it is negative. If a dev cannot communicate properly it´s just bad, especially if a game is in such a horrible state.

Message 51 of 53 (69 Views)

Re: Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their ga

★ Guide

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@Aksu wrote:

@Exchron wrote:

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:

Anthem will get there - it has a stronger foundation to build on than any of those games, in my opinion, due to its core gameplay being more exciting - but it is going to be a rocky few months. Everything on the 90-day roadmap, including all of the bug fixes and quality of life changes, should have been there at launch, and the cries would have been far quieter had they been.

I'm relatively sure they knew the firestorm that would come down on the launch of Anthem. I think its part of the reason they just kind of put their heads down, and dug into bug fixes and QOL/Content updates.

Oh believe me, I know. The fact that I have to sift through reddit to find any information.... or that I had to hunt down Ben Irvings twitter..... and really, to find out who Ben Irving even was to get any information about the state of the game was ridiculous. That part irked me to no end. The communication on bioware's end has been... well.... Not good. I'm being polite.

Message 52 of 53 (64 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@KurtKn1sp3l wrote:

@buddahcjcc  schrieb:

@Aksu wrote:

@Exchron wrote:

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:

I don´t know if you mean this positive or negative, but for me, it is negative. If a dev cannot communicate properly it´s just bad, especially if a game is in such a horrible state.

Ya its negative, last dev company I saw go this route was PGI with Mechwarrior Online. They even had an official Discord server in the beta where the devs would get on and talk with the players.

Then that went away, they stopped talking on their forums completely and only communicated through Reddit (then only through the hugbox Reddit when the game's Reddits split into two subforums, the hugbox and the "official" forums.) until the entire dev house got banned from Reddit anyways
After that it was only Twitter.

Hey, the one good thing Im seeing so far is the devs for this game arent complete idiots like the guys at PGI were. For example, there was a mech that was undoubtably broken. The way it was designed, when it took hits, the hits were being negated by the geometry of the mech. They have since fixed it, but the dev response on Twitter, well a picture is worth a thousand words:
1aerror.jpg

...in September
He's the company founder and president by the way.

Message 53 of 53 (58 Views)
Twitter Stream