Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their game

by Bistoory

Original Post

Re: Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their ga

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Bistoory wrote: Borderlands is coming, it will be hard for it compete and most people don't have the time to play more than one game, they have studies, responsibilities, families...etc

Glad you've got it all figured out and found the time to inform everyone here that Anthem is not up to your expectations. I see you've moved directly to anticipating a different game though. Did you manage to get a refund on Anthem or are you leaving your money in their coffers?

I suspect that anyone on the Warframe Team would be disappointed that a random person on the internet though that their congratulations were disingenuous. And, I know for a fact that the Massive folks were quite sincere. Gaming industry folks are a community in and of themselves.

Message 21 of 53 (232 Views)

Re: Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their ga

★★ Expert

@swampDAHskunkape wrote:

@buddahcjcc wrote:

6 years of development, game still requires a 300 item patch three weeks after launch lol

This guy trying to pretend like that isn’t normal for MMOs. Lmao. Trolls be dumb, yo. The only thing different here is most games take longer than three weeks to start rolling out the patches.

Yes, so many people keep bringing up the 6yr thing like they actually know what it means or that they know how long other games were in development. 

Message 22 of 53 (228 Views)

★ Pro

@Bistoory wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

Warframe wasn’t the game it is now at launch either, not even close. It was much more stable, though.

Personally, I don't care how games "were at launch" but "how they are now", I wont wait for every game released to be stable 3 years later.

Name me 10 games, on PC, with multiplayer, in the last 5 years that were as good, at launch, as similar games that's been out for 5+ years and gone through massive updates and fixes. Cuz I want to play them right now.

Message 23 of 53 (218 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

@Bistoory wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

Warframe wasn’t the game it is now at launch either, not even close. It was much more stable, though.

Personally, I don't care how games "were at launch" but "how they are now", I wont wait for every game released to be stable 3 years later.

Name me 10 games, on PC, with multiplayer, in the last 5 years that were as good, at launch, as similar games that's been out for 5+ years and gone through massive updates and fixes. Cuz I want to play them right now.

No one remembers quitting all these games they praise and not returning for 6 months to a year later.

They only remember what happened yesterday and yesterday XYZ game is better than this or that game when in actuality no one is right. Everyone has a different take on games.

A game that one person may think was amazing and put thousands of hours in I could think was terrible and couldn't get past 2 hours. The only thing we can all really agree on is the bugs. They need to be fixed.

Content, while some are fine with it and can wait. Others want more and more. Than when more comes and they finish that they want more and more. Its a never ending cycle with content.

Message 24 of 53 (215 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@buddahcjcc 

Instances always have party limits, genius. More importantly Massive Multiplayer Online, refers to the fact hundreds of thousands of people can play at once. Not necessarily together. This is in fact an MMO.

Message 25 of 53 (214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

★★★ GUIDE
Bistoory

@Banfilidh wrote:

Dude if thats how you think, leave thee gaming community. as many said before, warframe was in better/worse or at least bad shape at the beginning to. 

i dont know. but by what you said, even in this state, you dont deserve to play the game. or any other for that matter.

If i remember correctly after 4 revives, YOU HAD TO FREACKING PAY REAL MONEY FOR OTHER REVIVES.

Message 26 of 53 (214 Views)

★★ Pro

@MaireDevylin wrote:

@Bistoory wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

Is this more "its ok cause other people do it"?
Cause two wrongs

Message 27 of 53 (195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@swampDAHskunkape wrote:

@buddahcjcc 

Instances always have party limits, genius. More importantly Massive Multiplayer Online, refers to the fact hundreds of thousands of people can play at once. Not necessarily together. This is in fact an MMO.

Guess they changed the defintion since I last looked. That they claim this to be an mmo makes it look even worse in my eyes lol

4 ppl per instance roflmao

A game like EVE is a MMO, bothe because you get more than 4 ppl per instance 

I think that is in the thousands per node much less server lol and has a persistent world to connect to which USED to be part of the definition before they watered the term down to mean basically any online game

Message 28 of 53 (194 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Anthem is classified as a RPG not an MMO, yes some can argue that they are the same thing but normal MMO is classified as "millions playing together at the same time" 

Message 29 of 53 (186 Views)

★ Pro

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@MaireDevylin wrote:

@Bistoory wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

Is this more "its ok cause other people do it"?
Cause two wrongs

Pointing out that was he said was ridiculous and this the nature of the beast now. Gamers let it get like this and now this is how it is.

Message 30 of 53 (183 Views)
Twitter Stream