Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their ga

by Bistoory

Original Post

Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their game

★★★ Guide

They knew that this game wont compete with their games, like AT ALL, it's so obvious haha

Message 1 of 53 (1,084 Views)

Re: Now I know why Massive and Warframe teams congratulated Bioware for their ga

★★★★★ Guide

Warframe wasn’t the game it is now at launch either, not even close. It was much more stable, though.

Message 2 of 53 (1,067 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

Warframe wasn’t the game it is now at launch either, not even close. It was much more stable, though.

Personally, I don't care how games "were at launch" but "how they are now", I wont wait for every game released to be stable 3 years later.

Message 3 of 53 (1,063 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Bistoory wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

Personally, I don't care how games "were at launch" but "how they are now", I wont wait for every game released to be stable 3 years later.

Its stage two
Stage one is "Its just a beta"
Then after launch, its "Its only been out x [days/weeks/months] this game wasnt ready at launch either"
Cause you know two wrongs and all that

Message 4 of 53 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Guide
Both games sucked just as bad at launch sadly most ppl seem to forget that.
Message 5 of 53 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bistoory wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

No one said you had to play every game on launch day. They will have problems if you want a game to be good wait a while before looking at the game, don't get it at launch and expect it to be100% bug free that's setting yourself up for failure.

Message 6 of 53 (1,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Nah, I’m not making excuses. But comparing a game that has been out for years with one that’s brand new isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Warframe is great. I was an original founder. Personally I like the gameplay in Anthem better, but I had a lot of fun with Warframe. I can only hope that Anthem has the chance to grow like Warframe has. @buddahcjcc

Message 7 of 53 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
Both games sucked just as bad at launch sadly most ppl seem to forget that.

Yeah, Warframe had major, major issues, too, and only became a gaming darling after a year or two. However, Anthem does not get to compete against how games like Warframe and Destiny 1/2 and The Division were at their launches, but rather now, and all of those games are in pretty good places, with lots of content and progression. I really enjoy Anthem but I must admit it has anemic amounts of content and its progression lasts less than 100 hours, and far less if you do not care about exploration and achievements or kitting out every javelin.

Anthem will get there - it has a stronger foundation to build on than any of those games, in my opinion, due to its core gameplay being more exciting - but it is going to be a rocky few months. Everything on the 90-day roadmap, including all of the bug fixes and quality of life changes, should have been there at launch, and the cries would have been far quieter had they been.

Message 8 of 53 (1,015 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Should they expect it maybe 50% bug free then?.

you need to face facts, the game was broken at launch.  people expect bugs, they'll always be there, but it should never have been released in the state it was in. 

for 6 years in development, yes people definitely have the right to expect more.

Gamers are what encourages change, vocally stating what is wrong with the game and what needs to change, and how it's disappointing, makes developers look at the game and realise, too many people are unhappy with the state

fanboys though, they are what staggers change, they are a what's wrong with gaming communities, just agreeing and defending and accepting, because they don't want to speak out or refuse to acknowledge major flaws in a game and don't like anybody else criticising what they believe to be, a great game. 

The game was Broken on launch and still is, not buggy but Broken. it was lazy developing, again 6 years and it was released with 3 strongholds and one of them was just the end mission, simply because they could not be bothered to make anything unique  and another was a a replica of another mission but with added shields.

They couldn't be bothered to do a stat view, they couldn't be bothered to do a proper consumable screen, just everything thrown in, they couldn't be bothered to do proper end game contents, so literary re-hashed 2 bosses, and made the difficulty setting just health multipliers.

you may want to excuse them for being lazy, but the rest won't, they are established game makers and did no research, they are not new to the game, they should have known better

Message 9 of 53 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Bistoory wrote:

They knew that this game wont compete with their games, like AT ALL, it's so obvious haha

Not as obvious as your juvenile mentality.

Message 10 of 53 (979 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help