Re: Notice: Dev Responds To Complaints About Lack Of Updates

by xpl0its

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@xpl0its, well power to you for being a very long time on the internet as a Geek! I'm considered a geek/nerd too so we're both in this together. If you think I was (trying to be) condescending then you solidify my statement of 'You haven't been long on the internet have you?' Because I think you're talking about this part of trying to be condescending. You can be long on the internet and you can be on the internet XD! I wasn't trying to be condescending in the slightest. I meant it as a prelude or precursor if you will, for the next parts of my previous comment even if it maybe a bit crude. Only the first part was 'directed' towards you, the other parts of my comment used the generalized 'you', so that wasn't directed at you. I use this form of writing instead of generalized writing to entice readers, it can however also pan out badlyDisappointed

I know a bit about development, but more about marketing/management, since I know quite a few coders and did some coding way back when. But marketing/management is where I can safely say that I know most about. Of course, nothing in this world can be said for 100% certainty, but you should know that if you code further without checking your progress so far, you're likely to make more errors. That's why you have safe functions/test functions. Here also comes my playtest comment along,

I don't need to know your experience. I don't look at a comment and think 'Oh this guy's an engineer or a lawyer or plumber', I just look at a comment and if I see something I can comment on, I do that.

I know Respawn is working on the game, I was just stating the obvious, almost no dev will negatively talk about a game they're working on and where people have certain expectations of/for. This is vehemently the truth. Just look at the caustic/gibraltar thing for an example. They tried to buff one part, but inadvertently they introduced a new bug.

So yea... I hope I haven't offended you in any way because that was not my intent, but likewise, don't speculate about another's person intentions or assessment of another person, because that can be classified as condescending as well

Message 11 of 18 (385 Views)

★★ Guide

@LockOutz_YT wrote:

lol no they are not... they are not doing nothing... botters are still rampart more now THEN EVR before! i took a 2 week break come back and its worse then before.... you clearly are just relinking some garbage post from some trash dev on here saying its okay everything is really okay dont worry about nothing everything you have seen is all fake and when your in the game and you get deleted just do our job for us REPORT and dont worry we wont actually ban the person you reported because the report goes to no one no department no one sees it and no one takes the time to review the million of hacking reports generated everyday.

i have been here since day one ive seen the fourm tough guys the people who down play the true problem on pc the EYEBALL that pops up when a guy that downed ya sees and then just toggels off his aimbot and runs in ciclres and avoids combat...or cant hit any shots but just delted your crew in 2 r99 clips LMFAO!

the players with golden and purple sheilds and has 2 team mates that dont even EQUIP shields because it messes up there aimbotting program or there hack prog that generates shields for them and you cant see them on them but u shoot at them or spectate then being shot and purple sheilds appear where there are clearly no sheidl on the toon LMFAO!

or HERE IS A GOOD ONE! you get downed by the botter but you dont get to spectate them or report them because you were last shot by the carried guy....

20 server tick rates slow lag slow content updates... that is something that could be lived with and adjusted to

NO updates NO addressing the fact of how bad the servers are truly congested with low level accounts rerolled on top of other accoutns or one hacker owning 100 accoutns and jsut waiting for one to get banend then hwid spoof and back at it in minutes ...

whats DOES it mean when its only botters or true pros left in the final circle and one botter was able to out bott the other one......did that person who was botting actually win? kinda like cheating at Solitare if you ask me!

the people who downplay it in the forums here are funny guys and are part of this huge problem... the forums on reddit the videos on youtube the simple google search of apex and you are greeted with huge amounts of data that all TRANSLATES into how simple it is to hack apex OR edit the cfg files completly remove textures from the game the list goes on and on and on ... and simpy put in the end the game is infested with hackers 

from the simple cfg edits all the way to blown out togglers acting as pros or the just dont care and aimbot blantly!

season 2 will bring the same and a larger amount the games populatity has dimished and is now know as cheatpex it no longer carries any weight in a gaming community for a legit game to play!

if you are not doing any of these things and are DELETED instanly game after game and cant figure out why...... but YET YOU are very successful or even moderatly successful in any other shooter game... yeah its not you..... its the toxic community and the liars that control this game!

Can you roll your head on the keyboard and press submit again please.

Message 12 of 18 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@BurnYaBad 

@LockOutz_YT 

Sit back and relax and quit crying and wait to see what EA brings! Standard smile

@Koochi-Q  all cool...

Message 13 of 18 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It simply isn't going to cut it, they decided to go head to head with Fortnite and haven't bothered to follow their business model.

Forget hackers, forget 'I wont moar content', they quite simply aren't playing the f2p BR gaming model.

The hordes that play Fortnite do so because a) it is free, b) hyped by streamers and other 'influencers' - it is The Latest Thing and cynically their road to fortunes by shilling it continually, c) a constant stream of mindless, banal new content to consume.

If you want to keep up with TLT then you have to do what they do, which Apex hasn't.

Even with a perfect game The Horde only has a couple of minutes attention span, if you don't give them new shiney/bangy bangy flashy flashy they wander off to find the latest hur-de-hur that Youtube/streamers point them at.

Here at best it will be rank 100 and the battle pass and that will probably entertain them for a week or two at most.

I quite literally hold my head in my hands where Fortnite is concerned, it is mindless, childish drivel, yet it attracts hundreds of milllions/billions and a lot of 'adults'.

Not sure how you can all keep defending something that entered an arena where they don't want to to play by it's rules, if they wanted slow development cycles they should have gone retail not f2p where the demand for a new hat is on a daily basis.

The biggest chunk of the player base have got bored and left, those that stayed have been further driven away by hackers, bad optimisation and also - eventually - lack of content.

It has happened in innumerable f2p titles and you can't run them on a tiny hardcore % that will stick around no matter what and no matter how much they wail, gnash their teeth and beat their chests and offer to buy the IP to keep the title alive.

Message 14 of 18 (304 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@xpl0its, I called it! XD Several more bugs in the game now due to the update :P
Message 15 of 18 (272 Views)

★ Apprentice

@xpl0its wrote:

@LockOutz_YT 

At least I'm posting something from a developer of EA, you are just spouting nonsense.

Before even making another reply, go online and find FACTS to anything you are saying ok?

1. Find a factual site that shows they are doing nothing?

2. Find a factual site that shows they are not going to be putting out updates soon?

Just go out and find any factual sites that can back up anything you are saying?

The truth is, you are just pissed off and ranting, and it's not helping anyone, so go smoke some weed and chill and play some other games, if you are so pissed then stopp playing and wait till they release their new update.

By the way, with the information I have been reading online, if I had to take a guess here, it looks like the update will be next month in June, which will also launch the new Season in Apex...

Seriously go READ the EA BLOG!

PEACE

LOL THE GAME IS FACTUAL ENOUGH ... Shows and represent enough i don't need to check nothing, you go and check your health !

Message 16 of 18 (253 Views)

★ Apprentice

@halo572 wrote:

It simply isn't going to cut it, they decided to go head to head with Fortnite and haven't bothered to follow their business model.

Forget hackers, forget 'I wont moar content', they quite simply aren't playing the f2p BR gaming model.

The hordes that play Fortnite do so because a) it is free, b) hyped by streamers and other 'influencers' - it is The Latest Thing and cynically their road to fortunes by shilling it continually, c) a constant stream of mindless, banal new content to consume.

If you want to keep up with TLT then you have to do what they do, which Apex hasn't.

Even with a perfect game The Horde only has a couple of minutes attention span, if you don't give them new shiney/bangy bangy flashy flashy they wander off to find the latest hur-de-hur that Youtube/streamers point them at.

Here at best it will be rank 100 and the battle pass and that will probably entertain them for a week or two at most.

I quite literally hold my head in my hands where Fortnite is concerned, it is mindless, childish drivel, yet it attracts hundreds of milllions/billions and a lot of 'adults'.

Not sure how you can all keep defending something that entered an arena where they don't want to to play by it's rules, if they wanted slow development cycles they should have gone retail not f2p where the demand for a new hat is on a daily basis.

The biggest chunk of the player base have got bored and left, those that stayed have been further driven away by hackers, bad optimisation and also - eventually - lack of content.

It has happened in innumerable f2p titles and you can't run them on a tiny hardcore % that will stick around no matter what and no matter how much they wail, gnash their teeth and beat their chests and offer to buy the IP to keep the title alive.

No mate, they play it bcs iits a good game. Bcs someone made it to be period! People play games that makes them wanna play. People play good , well made games for so many years. Bad-made, half-butt games become food for the fishes... Something like the Natural Selection of Gaming if you will, no one keeps playing and playing game that makes him feel bad or puts him in such mood. Its logic

Message 17 of 18 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

And all this could've been avoided simply by adding SOLO MODE Bcs no matter against how many hackers you are playing you will away relay on yourself and your skills and when you go in-game with the mind-set that everyone is for himself and will give 110% to be the last man standing, if you mess up its on you player you can blame only yourself.. Yeah but when you have only squads the game changes completely bcs you depend on your team and once your team is messed up absolutelly everyone else on the map has an advantage over you and nobody likes that feeling. While in Solo's you know its you against the world and you know you'll never betray yourself and if you see Duo in a Solo Mode or something you know what to do, there's a report button for this job. Not to say people won't even do it cause its easier to spot and prove two people play together in Solo than someone using hack or cheating in some way and players will fear to do it bcs they will get banned. And thats how Respawn/EA  dug their own grave by refusing to add solo. And if they EVER ADD SOLO MODE FROM NOW ON THE WHOLE WORLD WILL REMEMBER THEM AS "THE GREATEST LITTLE A** BI***** "  to ever walk on this earth. 

Message 18 of 18 (247 Views)